[Roav] C2 Pro vs A1 G-Sensor

I’ve been browsing Anker dashcams for my new car on Amazon and some of the reviews for the A1 commented that whenever the driver got in and out of their car, it set off the parking mode recording (G-Sensor)- eventually preceded by a bunch of random videos of them (surprise) getting in and out of their vehicle- which is an issue as it causes memory card availability to get lower without any cause for liability/burglars. I was wondering if anybody has had/heard of any issues with the C2 Pro dashcam doing this? I was thinking about getting the A1, but I think it would have to eventually get annoying after a while to delete a whole bunch of videos of you getting in/out of your vehicle to save memory space.

2 Likes

You have the ability to set the sensation level for this feature so if it’s a problem you can just lower the sensation.

I mean I would like sensitivity because I suppose burglars can be sneaky, I was just wondering if they found a way around this possibly with the C2 Pro. Can you adjust the sensitivity on both the A1 and the C2 Pro? Are there any benefits to buying the C2 Pro over the A1 (aside from GPS function and SD card included)? If not, I could probably save ~75 dollars (included with the price of an SD card) overall roughly with my purchase. I’ll mainly be using my the dashcam for commuting to work/school, and occasional leisure activities that might require leaving the car unattended for an unknown amount of hours. Would there be any relevant plus sides of buying the C2 Pro over the A1?

1 Like

Well the C2 Pro uses a Sony Starvis sensor and a Ambarella A12 chipset, both are supposedly better than that of the A1. The C2pro also has GPS logging if that matters to you

1 Like

Sorry, new to this- but what does a chipset do? GPS logging in this case is not that important to me as I was planning on separately purchasing another GPS. Is the function to adjust the sensor level available both on the C2 Pro and the A1? Thanks!