Review: Anker PowerPort Atom PD 1

I received my Atom PD 1 last week and I’ve been charging various gadgets around my house. It worked for every USB-C device I tried it with, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Atom itself did not become very hot while it was in use (go gallium nitride!). See my full review below.

Blog: https://technicallywell.com/anker-powerport-atom-pd-1-review/
YouTube:
https://youtu.be/LpiJTRQ1Vvk
Amazon listing: PowerPort Atom PD 1

13 Likes

Nice video review and blog write-up @technicallywell

Overall Atom PD 1 looks good, might need an upgrade to have the prongs to fold. That seems to be the concern most have indicated. And of course - USB-C

1 Like

We have the same USB meter :slight_smile:

I have just one laptop which is PD and it doesnt work less than 45W. I tried 30W.

I’d have thought that niggle of non folding pins being a con in every review I seen will make a revision happen.

1 Like

Nice blog review! (Haven’t watched the video yet cuz I’m not at home. Let’s be honest, that’s always awkward). I didn’t know you had a website, but I subscribed to the newsletter thing.

1 Like

Great video. Short and right to the point!

1 Like

Just curious if it is a Dell laptop? I tried this charger on my work laptop today and it showed a dire warning at startup that anything less than 45 watts would not work. However, it charged anyways while I was using it. :joy:

No a Lenovo x270. So I don’t own much PD stuff (and may have been a reason you got a testing unit and I did not).

It didn’t work with the 30W output from the Powercore 5 PD, but it does work with the 60W Powerport.

Great review, wish those prongs did fold

1 Like

Great review :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent review as usual @TechnicallyWell :thumbsup:

1 Like

Great, insightful review! Thanks for sharing with us :grinning:

2 Likes

nice review!

1 Like

Great Review! I finally got shipping confirmation for mine…only a few more days now :tired_face:

I am going to meter it going into the switch as well. I’ll add in a few phones and an asus chromebook too!

1 Like

You mean meter into and then out a USB PD hub? That would be cool.

My 45W PD input laptop has plenty of USB output ports so the perfect unit for me would be 45W small charger for my laptop, but in general I’d like 60W with 3 or 4 ports. I am sat now working in a cafe and I need 4 ports total, I’m using the 60W PD and a Fusion 5000 using its 2 ports out for my earbuds and phone and using a USB cable to my smartwatch, so a 60W 3 or 3 port would be neater.

I do have enouch PD ready meters to achieve this. The problem is that they are unidirectional - they have to take the power IN through a male connection and out through a female. This causes problems :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

Nice video review. Very professional!

2 Likes

nice video review great work

1 Like

Great review. Like the fact you included the Nintendo switch. Something funny was to find out a few months ago a saw your Arlo review. Keep up those great reviews.

1 Like