Review: Anker Powerline + USB-C to USB-C Cable

Quick Take

Great Cable. It feels good in your hand, and comes with a nice case that helps you manage length. It also carries a PD charge just fine, will power your USB-C laptop to the speed of the charger you plug it into. On the downside, it is expensive ($15.49 on Amazon), but the quality build and customer support is worth it. Here’s what I like:

It Just Feels Good

Anker has nailed the nylon braid cable. They are soft and durable, and they feel great in your hand. I have a few other types of this nylon cable and they are my favorites cables to use.

Charging Speeds

This cable keeps up with whatever you throw at it. Here are some of my meterings:

Galaxy S9+ at 9.4W
Asus C302 at 23W
PowerCore Speed 20000 PD at 13.6W

While these speeds aren’t the max for any of these devices, they are being constrained by the charger I was using. I’ll update this later with some meter readings from higher capacity chargers.

Length

If you don’t have a 6ft cable, you have to get one. I think it’s the ideal length for reaching distant outlets and giving yourself that extra bit of room to move around. I see people huddled close to an outlet and now I just feel sorry for them. It’s worth it to just get the extra 3 feet of cable and relax. It just makes life so much more comfortable.

Cons

Price

The only con is the price of this cable. Anything over $10 is spendy for a cable, but in this case I think it’s worth it. There are so many cheap cables out there that can damage devices, it’s worth it to know that your $1000 phone is safe on this cable.

Data Speeds

Most people are buying these for the charging speeds, but if you plan to transfer data, you may want to opt for the USB 3.1 over the USB 2.0, which this cable is only 2.0. The 3.1 is going to transfer data much more quickly than this guy.

Summary

I’m using this cable every day and I love it. It’s my go-to charging cable for my Asus Flip C302 laptop. I’d advise waiting for a sale where you can get it under $10, then snatch it up!

Amazon listing: https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Powerline-Durability-Including-Matebook/dp/B06Y25Y6WX/?tag=cm-sales-us-2019-20

7 Likes

Nice review! Thanks for sharing, :thumbsup:

I don’t have these USB-C to C cables, will get them when I have many USB-C devices :slight_smile:

Great review as always! I have seen you all use the USB meter and don’t know which one it is. Can you give a amazon link if you have it?

Nice review :+1:. What is the case made out of?

Thanks for including the Amazon links :innocent:

This one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JYVPLLJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also have this one and it works just as well, but it took over a month to ship:

1 Like

Good to know, did not know that. :slight_smile: Thanks.

Very in-depth review… thanks for sharing :+1:

This review shows us that even a simple item can be described perfectly.

Good work, but nothing else was expected. :wink:

Solid review as usual @gAnkster :thumbsup:

Might be a tad pricier than others on the market but I think the build & lifetime warranty make it worth the additional cost :slight_smile:

Great review! good job! :ok_hand:

Awesome review. I’m getting this cable now.

Good review, thanks

thanks for sharing!!

Really nice review