Range extender for back garden camera in house

Hi there,
I think this is a popular topic. Very pleased with my new cameras at the front of the house but I want to use a camera at the back of the house as well and apart from standing outside my doors all night this is looking tricky. How do I get this working?

Thanks,

David

Hi @dav74

Can you expand a bit more on your issue such as whether your camera cannot connect due to the range between your Homebase and rear house camera or whether you are not getting detection?

There is also a dedicated Eufy community which maybe able to answer your questions further

https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/

I have a homebase in front room attached to wifi router. Two cams at front of house work perfectly but I am struggling to connect a rear garden cam outside without getting a weak wifi signal message. Would the rear cam work ok on a weak wifi? In an ideal world this should be as simple as inserting a signal extender.

Ah that’s makes sense. Yes the camera will work but performance will be greatly impacted. There were plans for a range extender by Eufy (there’s a few threads on here about it) but it was nixed in favour of using additional Homebase’s to act as range extenders.

I have one camera at the front and one at the rear, the front running from a secondary Homebase on WIFI to get the signal to full strength.

So what is the easiest way to get a second homebase?

I guess Ebay?

How easy are they to link and use as an extender?

I would suggest reaching out to support@eufylife.com regarding your range issues, it’s possible they might be able to provide a discounted Homebase only option (as they are normally sold with a camera setup).

Once you have second Homebase connect if to your WIFI router, keeping the Homebase itself as close to the camera at the rear of your house. You will then need to remove the camera from the current paired Homebase and sync/connect to the additional Homebase which is closer to the camera.

Thanks for the tip - I’ll drop them a mail.

Regards,

David

I purchased a second “Renewed” system on Amazon. Two more cameras plus the home base. I haven’t messed with the second home base yet but this sounds like an opportunity.

Thanks for the suggestion - I’ll look into it although I do feel that Eufy should develop and sell an extender as it is a natural extension to a system…