Quick charge 2.0 adapter w Anker 20100 Nintendo Switch edition?

Hi everyone. I just got this power bank but i want to be safe with everything because it wasn’t exactly cheap. Can i use quick charge 2.0 brick and cable that came with my Galaxy Note 4? Is it perfectly safe to use?

Brick is rated as 2A - 5V and 1.67A - 9V

If it’s ok then i just plug it into PD port? Also when charging phone do i use phone’s quick charge cable or cable that came with the power bank? Thanks.

Keep in mind if thats the charger that came with your phone, it’s an adaptive charger and not quick charge 2.0… what this means is that it adjust the output based in your phones state if charge. Charging anything else with this charger reverts it to the lowest power output, so yes it will charge your batterypack but it will do so at the bare minimum charging speed and will take a long time to charge it. You are better off getting a charger that can properly charge the battery pack at a decent speed and if need be your phone as well. Something like this

1 Like

Yes it is adaptive charger. If understand correctly the default mode is 2A - 5V and adaptive charge is 1.67A - 9V. Shouldn’t 2A be good enough for this power bank? Is it perfectly safe and will it damage my battery?

Also when charging the phone am i supposed to use Anker’s cable or cable that came with my phone?

You can use either cable. And correct, my experience Samsung’s adaptive charger reverts to 2a but even still the output seems much slower compared to other 2a chargers

Cool, thanks. I was mainly interested in the security aspects of this as this is my first power bank and i don’t want to ruin it. Will test how fast it charges with the brick i have and if it’s too slow i will look into the one that you linked.