PowerIQ2 Powerport?

So I see these PowerIQ 2 and Powercore II type portable charger products now like the

But I do not own any QC devices hence do not own any QC chargers. So the claimed faster recharge and output is irrelevant to me.

If Anker made PowerIQ2 Powerports, like say a Powerport2 or Powerport4, which was no more expensive and no larger, then I’d be interested then in these Powercores with the faster charging.

Powerport II or Powerport IQ2 type products coming?

The QC current options are not worth their cost or weight to lug around just for the the Powerport recharge advantage.

1 Like

At first, from reading the PowerCore II 20000’s description, I thought you had to have a PowerIQ wall charger to take full advantage of the recharge speeds, but now I’m doubting that’s the case.

But my guess is Anker does add PowerPorts with IQ 2.0 soon for consistency throughout the lineup. If it is so great, why wouldn’t you put it on everything?

I am wondering is this is a cost avoidance issue.

QC compatible if you quote it means a license. A cost. It you interoperate with QC and can benefit from it and output to QC devices with some advantages, then you do not have a license cost. The concern of that is down to lawyers who usually bankrupt smaller companies with “like” technologies.

What IQ2 is, is my concern. Is IQ2 a superset of all things which exist now, in the same way IQ was a merger of that weird data pin of USB problem which causes Android vs Apple charging differences which IQ solved.

I do not own, and likely will never own anything QC, because its like investing in the world’s best quill after the byro was invented.

I have been giving this some more thought.

If Anker wants to develop its own charging technology “IQ2” which is not QC and not Apple and not anything else, but it has a common denominator which overlaps the others, then:

• you can buy an IQ2 Powerport which will recharge an IQ2 Powercore faster
  • no licenses, no specific ports for specific charging tech
  • total power budget is shared.

So you can imagine a product like this:

• Powerport2 IQ2. Total 24W.
  • If one of the ports is connected to a Powercore IQ2 then it can output upto 18W so faster recharge that Powercore, and the balance of the 8W remaining to the other port to non-IQ2 (like a phone, BT headphones, etc).

So you’d then in the situation the Powerport2 does not need to be any larger (it is still 24W) but if you gave it problem like fast recharge a Powercore IQ2, it would do so.

Then scale on up through to the Powerport4, with a 40W total budget

• Up to 2 ports can fully output 18W each, 36W total, so could full 18W each recharge two Powercore, or a dual-input Powercore TBA.
  • The other 2 ports have 4W budget left.

So instead of total Wattage from a Powerport potentially going to waste, so long as you use it to recharge a Powercore, it more significantly gets used.

Then it would be powerful.

You’d then have a dense efficient total charging system.

If it was like-QC4 and like-PD then it would be also useful to those other context too.

That is what I’m thinking - Powercore IQ2 with Powerport IQ2 will work faster together, but not on a specific port, but any port, and use whatever power budget left to the other ports.

1 Like