Powerhouse AC/DC Adapter Replacement

I have misplaced the DC charging adapter for my Powerhouse after a trip and I’m looking for a replacement. I know it’s 16.8v 8amp. I don’t know if the connecting plug is proprietary.

Is there any way to buy one from Anker or directed to a comparable replacement so I can recharge my Powerhouse? I’ve already tried looking on Amazon and eBay. I can find similar spec adapters but I’m not sure if it’d be a waste. I don’t want to have to buy another Powerhouse just for the AC adapter.

Any assistance would be great.

1 Like

Your best bet is to send an email to support@anker.com and they will be able to assist you better than anyone here can given that they can sell you one or point you in the right direction as needed

1 Like

This came up 20 months ago on the topic of solar recharging, needing to know the barrel size then too, not in context of replacement AC charger but using solar instead of AC, that is the same need for knowledge of connector size.

See what I wrote then clicks through to Anker support statement

"_Per your question, the PowerHouse comes with an AC adapter to recharge itself. The connector of the AC adapter is a round cable with below tip size: 7.5mm4.8mm0.7mm. The input of the adapter is _
100V~240V and the output of the adapter is 16.8V/3A.

Hope this helps.

We look forwarding to hearing from you soon.

Anker Support"

2 Likes

Thank you for the assistance. I sent in an e-mail. I’ve been looking up universal AC adapters to find an equivalent. I’ll drop a note if there turns out to be a resolution.

Not sure you will find a trustworthy equivalent. Depending on your level of ability you could build one for about $40 dollars that is quite reliable, but an off the shelf supply wont be easy. A quick search did find some equivalent voltage supplies, but the current draw is much higher and could damage your powerhouse if it went wrong I would avoid them.

Damage from over-voltage, I agree is risk, but damage from over-current? That would be a surprise as the Powerhouse can take what it needs.

I build test boxes with some of the generic supplies. The ones on amazon have a nasty tendancy to internally short and overload systems when they go bad. If i were building for me I avoid them.

Support was able to obtain a spare AC adapter from the warehouse so I have an official one on the way upon paying for shipping. Thanks everyone for their help. Hopefully I don’t lose this one.

2 Likes