PowerExpand 9-in-1 (not on website yet)$149

You know how there are somehow a million options for tech hardware, but all too often we still manage to be left to settle for less? I had one of those rare moments when my needs were met to exactly my satisfaction. And the device is not even advertised yet.

I have been looking for a device meeting these exact minimum specifications from a reputable company for 6 months. I wanted these exact ports and I did not care about Thunderbolt 3 or 4. I already had a PowerExpand 8-in-1 but I needed one with both DP and HDMI. The fact this has its own power supply made this the perfect device for me. I had been carting my 8-in-1 around back and forth from the office and this gem of a thing popped up in my Amazon suggestions.

I work a Thinkpad T15 extending to 2 basic 27’’ 1080 screens. I also have 2 scanners, a printer and I prefer to use an ethernet cable. This accommodates all of this while being able to deliver up to 60watts to my laptop, something the 12-in-1 cannot do. It also doesn’t look like…well…anyway. ThinkPad supposedly makes a hub with the exact same specs, but it is $50 more, and good luck finding it in stock. The hub/dock is clearly plastic but the appearance is fine. What it came with:

PowerExpand 9-in-1 USB-C PD Dock
100W power adapter
1.2 m power cord
1 m USB 3.1 Gen 2 USB-C to C cable
Typical Anker Welcome stuff

After 8 full hours the exterior of the device was only 110F/43.3C. All of the ports worked precisely how I needed and I would absolutely buy this again.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095YKQBHM/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_63GT7YRGKN7MN543VQSK

9 Likes

Love it @rhoffman0528
Great photos too :+1:t2:

1 Like

Great review.
Enjoy the item and the Sunday!

1 Like

Great review and photos!

1 Like

Great review and photos :+1:

1 Like

Oh nice hub glad it’s doing the job for you!

1 Like

@ndalby @TechnicallyWell

Wow, thanks for the in-depth photos and details. Good to know that the PowerExpand 9-in-1 doesn’t get too hot- I’ve had hubs get very hot in the past, even though some of them had a built-in fan!

I am very happy to hear you have had good luck with this product because I have not. I am trying to run a (1) 27" 1440p monitor and a very simple (2) 22" 1080p monitor and I cannot get my second display to achieve a resolution above 1280 x 800 on my windows laptop and it makes my Samsung Chromebook crash completely with more than one monitor.