PowerExpand 8-in-1 USB-C PD 10Gbps Data Hub Capability Clarification

Three questions:

1. What are the max read speeds of SD and Micro SD Card readers? UHS-I? UHS-II? UHs III?

2. Does the HDMI port support 4K at 60hz in HDR if the attached computer outputs 4K at 60hz in HDR?

3. Is a 100W power supply required to pass BUS power to peripherals attached to the hub? I will only need 30W to charge an M1 MacBook Air. If I used a 60W or 65W charger, will I be able to simultaneously charge my MacBook Air while providing BUS power to two external HDDs via the USB A 3.2 ports?

I’d wait for someone who knows, and put in email support@anker.com

Paste their reply here to help the next search.

1 Like

Really interesting questions.
May be you could forward it to the support.
We here know a little bit, but not all! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks, all. I have posed these queries to Anker support

2 Likes

Anker support has completely answered my questions via email here they are:

Q1: What are the max read speeds of SD and Micro SD Card readers? UHS-I? UHS-II? UHs III?

A1: UHS-I.

Q2: Does the HDMI port support 4K at 60hz in HDR if the attached computer outputs 4K at 60hz in HDR?

A2: We confirm the HDMI port on the 8-in-1 USB C hub support 4K at 60Hz in HDR if the attached computer outputs 4K at 60Hz in HDR.

Q3.:Is a 100W power supply required to pass BUS power to peripherals attached to the hub? I will only need 30W to charge an M1 MacBook Air. If I used a 60W or 65W charger, will I be able to simultaneously charge my MacBook Air while providing BUS power to two external HDDs via the USB A 3.2 ports?

A3: If you use a 60W or 65W charger, you can simultaneously charge your MacBook Air while supporting two external HDDs via the USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports. The USB 3.1 ports are mainly for data transfer.

Since your MacBook M1 only requires 30W, you can use a 45W or 60W USB C charger with the Anker hub to charge the laptop at full speed because the hub needs 15W for its own operation.

2 Likes