PowerExpand 11-in-1

Got email just now pushing this, assume its recently released

I see:

• they have a pretty good list of supported and unsupported and technical detail.
  • they do go into DP but most people won’t know what this is and so get “HDMI doesn’t work” thread.
  • 100W input, 85W out, so that will fully recharge larger laptops. Good.
  • Where’s Anker’s 100W charger then! Waiting.
2 Likes

I’m waiting too; a 2-port or even 3 port 100W charger would be nice. In the meantime, you have to get them from AUKEY.

1 Like

Indeed, and Anker doesn’t even make the chargers (fully) they share common supplied parts with Aukey.

I know traditionally Anker tries to differentiate with more reliable and customer support, so gets products out later after longer testing, but it’s … becoming … a … joke.

This could just be the beginning of them exiting the charger market as its too low margin, more profit in hubs, audio , video, automation, security…

1 Like

That would be a shame, their chargers are good… I only use them and don’t even use my laptop power brick except at my dock where I am not working right now.

Maybe it’s just me but seems like they are focusing on releasing docks

1 Like

If you owned Anker, what would you want to sell more of?

$60-$100 hub
$30 Powerbank / Charger.

The hub market is growing because laptops are getting less ports and many laptops have been bought due to the virus Work-from-Home 2020/1 change.

Powerbanks people only need 1 or 2 and they take a few years to die.

I can see why, for a business, why the many hubs are being released.

I can also see why it is a double-edged sword. It’s harder for a battery or charger to fail, as it is a simpler product, easier for a hub to fail due to all the many varied ways USB and device drivers operate, so I’d expect increased support issues with hubs.

If Anker is to step up its hubs business, it has to also in parallel step up its support, and also come here more often and help reply with support queries. More hubs = less likely any of us here own one = less likely a community can help = less customer satisfaction.

2 Likes

I’d rather sell the $60-$100 lol.
Thanks @professor you just made me realized why they are suddenly coming out with more docks.

I don’t own a laptop so I never faced the issue about needing more ports, therefore never even thought about that

1 Like