PowerCore+ 26800 won't charge, and has issues charging other devices, through the USB-C PD port

paouidfsjkelrw

You can try a reset by looping input output with a cable.

1 Like

Did you loop and press hold power button? I see you did them but at the same time?

It is over 2 years old, but my experience is Powercore easily last 4 years, so I still go with the most likely need to reset it.

Try: fully draining it (USB-A ports work) and leave it alone for a while.

Some have fixed it by cracking it open and disconnecting the cells from the electronics to force a reset, but that’s a riskier operation. I’d not recommend it, but if you watch it you see why we’re probing the reset method again.

Don’t agree, I’d only say:

From a community of peers, you’ve got the best advice so far.

You’re out of warranty. Even so, I’d email support they’ll know more than us.

support@anker.com

While you’re not entitled to a replacement, you may get some discount code off new if you wanted to go that route, goodwill gesture.

5-10 years is not a reasonable assumption, all Lithium cell products age and die, how fast is a degree of luck but also how often used and how stored has a big impact.

As you said its just over 2 years old so the most likely situation is it is confused, a reset. Support may know a better way to reset.

If you get a reset to work, let us know what it is for future searches.

We’re guessing how to reset from other earlier products. There is no confirmed reset instruction for this model. Searching keeps coming with the same.

The guess is have the lights off, let it go to sleep (not used for a some minutes).

Then connect a USB-C to USB-A cable and press hold the power button for some seconds then release.

Also send email and wait for reply, and you may get some better advice tomorrow.

If you do fix it, then let us know what worked. Try different sequences and duration. It is not documented here.

Support doesn’t particularly come here and don’t particularly reply, not for some months now. So it’s peer help here and email as the primary support path.

Please let us know how they explain the steps for reset method. This will come in handy for the community.

If that doesn’t work. There’s a chance the port might have been damaged. I have a small powercore that stopped working after I bumped the powercore near the port while it was plugged into the charger. Upon inspection the port is loose and if I wiggle it just right it starts charging again.

Give Aukey a try. But I think their highest power bank is 30000mAh

1 Like

Wow, didn’t like the answer from support so much they deleted every reply made. I have the auto email for the last reply if you guys want me to put it back up here…

I was going to mention them as well. They are my second powerbank and charging system of choice. I have a few of them and impressed with what you get for the price.

1 Like

You can push support’s button the wrong way.

Sorry for the confusion. I delete my posts in general as a form of internet hygiene. The topic had run it’s course. I understand that will prevent it from being helpful to others in the future but I also value my privacy. You guys will have the discussion in your emails in the unlikely event that you need to reference it.

I’ll delete this comment tomorrow and figure out how to flag a mod to delete the thread, but in the meantime and just in case, I ask that if you quoted me you remove the quote from your comment as for some reason this website uses my email as my name wtf lol.

I got a replacement battery and life will go on. Thanks guys!

I have a couple of their chargers and cables as well.
I’ve been wanting to buy one of their wireless power banks but my Note 20 is kinda finicky when it comes to wireless chargers :grimacing: