PowerCore 20100 (model A1271) 1st LED blinking when connected to phone and also when connected to wall outlet

Hi there,

Have had the PowerCore 20100 for about 2 months now and so far very pleased with it. However as of this week it doesn’t seem to charge past the first 25%, or at least has an issue with the LEDs as the bottom one keeps blinking. Have tried leaving it overnight but only the bottom light blinks. Have tried with various wall connectors (iPhone, and a 2.4A generic). I always used the cable supplied with the PowerCore 20100.

The blinking also occurs when I connect my iPhone to the output USB port (not connected to wall outlet anymore). Phone does appear to charge now, but the LEDs don’t function properly and I have no way to tell if the PowerCore has been fully charged.

Please help!

Kind regards,
Pieter

Hi @pmkorst,
Please try leaving it charge overnight with a 2.4 amp wall charger to see if it gets past the first LED. Even with a 2 amp charger, it will take about 12 hours to fully charge. Using an iPhone charger could extend the charging time up to 24 hours. In my experience, getting past the first LED always seems to take the longest amount of time, then the rest of the LEDs fill up quicker.
If you still run into trouble, feel free to reach out to support@anker.com for further assistance.

Hi @TechnicallyWell,

That’s exactly what I’ve done before, and the reason why I’m now here. Does this mean my device is defective?

Kind regards,
Pieter

1 Like

Please try to use a different cable to charge it, this will rule out the cable and wall plug. When I had my 20100 batterypack the supplied cable stopped charging mine, so I switched to a different cable and problem solved

I don’t even use the cable supplied to mine I actually use a 3 ft anker micro usb and I never had a problem so far with either my 20100 or slim 10k

1 Like

Hi @pmkorst,

As @elmo41683 and @namroc22 have suggested, it wouldn’t hurt to try another charging cable and charger just to rule them out. If the power bank is indeed defective, the support team can arrange a warranty replacement for you.

2 Likes

If you contact support they will ask you try another cable. It be quicker when dealing with support if you have already completed this step. When you send your email make sure to tell them what troubleshooting steps you have.

With powerbank as big as this one it will a little more time to resolve.

1 Like

Hi @pmkorst

If your problem is solved, please let us know here.:innocent: