PowerCore 20100 issue

I have just purchased a PowerCore 20100
I charged it full, then used it to charge my iPhone 7. Although the phone said 100% the battery didn’t turn off.
Then, after removing the usb cable, the indicator lights keep blinking.
They light up (all 4 of them) for about 3 seconds, then turn off for about 17 seconds. And again and again and again.
Is this normal?

1 Like

Hi @Marian_Chinciusan,
It is normal for the PowerCore to stay on when your phone hits 100% (iPhones will typically draw power from the external battery, so the PowerCore stays on).
It is odd that your lights are flashing after you disconnect everything. Could you please try charging the PowerCore to see if it resolves the issue? If not, feel free to reach out to support@anker.com for further troubleshooting. Thanks!

3 Likes

Yes,
I think the LED indicator acted strangely in this case. I would try to charge another device and see if it behaves similarly.

1 Like

Thanks for your answers guys. I also contacted support and got an answer that seems to fix the issue, and thought about sharing it. Maybe others run into similar issues:
They instructed me to “connect its Micro input port and the USB output port using the included USB cable
So using the anker cable I connected the input to the output and that seems to reset it or something. It works well for now.
I guess it’s a quick fix when the micro controllers are acting crazy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m glad to hear it’s resolved and thanks for sharing the solution, @Marian_Chinciusan!

2 Likes

Thank you for posting your situation. I had the same problem and this saved me a ton of time and stress.

yea that is how you reset almost all Anker Powerbanks, by “completing the circuit” it worked for my 10000PD