PowerCore 13000 C

Things to note:

Power and size is identical to original PowerCore 13000.
USB-C port is for input only (2A).
Seems like a USB-A to USB-C cable is included.
Amazon says it will be in stock on August 25, though this can change.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072155XVX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Je7Lzb3W8B9Q8

Excellent to see more USB-C stuff.

The weakest part of this product is it is is only 2A input. With USB-C something like 2.4A-3A input for faster recharge would be preferred.

2 Likes

Right now I think the sweet spot is around 13000 mAh.
There should be just 2 ports - one USB-A and the other USB-C.
The USB-C port should handle output and input.
Not only should there be more than 2A input, but there should also be more than 3A total output.
All of this should be able to come in a package marginally (if any) than the current one.

1 Like

finally more usb c !

1 Like

Why will the type c input only charge a 2 amps?

1 Like

So I agree that 13Ah is a sweetspot, and that two ports is a sweetspot, but I have a few issues which seem to keep coming back to owning a Mini+ and 10Ah. The Soundbuds will not recharge off 10A, the Powercore turns its port off at the small charge the buds need to get fully recharged, so I have to carry a Mini+ to fully recharge the buds, then the 10A for phone and tablet.

The Mini+ is only 1A input, the 10A is 2A input so that 13350mAh is >2A, i.e. faster recharge in totality than the new 13A.

My fear is the 13A would have the same weakness as the 10A of trigger-happy turning off port too keenly. I would only know by buying or waiting for owners to let me know.

When I leave for a flying business trip I have Pixel C tablet, OnePlus3T (both are USB-C), the Powercore 10000, Powercore+ Mini, Soundbuds Lite, Powerport4, four cables and a spare non-Anker charger. If Anker were to make buds with USB-C then I’d not actually need anything other than USB-C. If Anker made USB-C to USB-C 3A output Powercore then my cables would be smaller. It seems quite short sighted of Anker to not make a full kit of USB-C products. A USB-C input but its not USB-C output?

So Anker’s MicroB buds for me to carry a MicroB cable, Anker lack of USB-C output Powercore makes me need to carry USB3 to USB-C cable rather than USB-C to USB-C cable. So given Anker is forcing me to have a MicroB cable, this USB-C input 13A is not doing anything real useful for me.

1 Like

Exactly. Baffling choice here.

1 Like

Well Anker isn’t really pushing type C so my guess is they want it to have the same power as the micro USB counterpart… not that I agree with that.

I see why they did it, it is an easy change for them, it is only a port shape change, and it does remove one cable from your bag if you only have USB-C devices.

So understand there are ways to drive more energy into a cell, you can increase the voltage, or increase current, or both. If you increase the voltage then you must step it down DC-DC by a greater factor and that is less efficient. If though you put in more current then you cause more heat loss in the cable and connector which is why we have had to wait for better cables. Anker now has those cables so we have all the peices together now to make a more efficient, therefore faster recharging system.

Fundamentally, driving up the current rather than the voltage causes less heat, and it is heat which is the limiting factor with lithium recharge

1 Like

Please tell me that won’t happen to my phone

it probably won’t happen to your years old iphone which is in the safe but the swollen battery is a sign you are at increase risk and it should be discarded safely applicable to your local laws.

1 Like

It’s actually an HTC Evo 4G LTE (right before One M7).

1 Like

my mistake, but I’d encourage it being put in a strong box or wrapped in a fire blanket and taken to a place appropriate to your local laws, it can burn you quite badly if it does explode in your hand.

And the price is… $33
The regular PowerCore 13000 is $30.

Price is fair, but the product makes little sense. You’d need two USB-C input devices and no microB input devices with you and not benefited from more than 10W.

Then it would be ideal to have dual USB-C inputs.

This is actually a sweet spot combination for me. I’ve learnt the hard way with my S7 that quick charge totally destroys batteries. I’ve gotten into the habit of wait until then my battery is almost completely out before I recharge it with slow charge. Unlike before, I would charge my phone any chance I get, even for 5mins to top it off.
So this with 2 ports and USB-C input is perfect for me when travel. Have 2 USB-C phones and we can comfortably use our phones to take pictures all day and have enough juice to recharge both phones with this pack, at the end of the day slow charge it to full in hotel.

iND, just to clarify, discharging your battery deeply before recharging is BAD for lithium batteries, not good. It may or may not be better than quick-charging but you’re definitely better off regularly slow-charging your phone. Battery “memory” is something from NiCad and NiMH batteries and not at all relevant to cell-phones.