Powercore 10000PD [Solved]

been plugged in a while,no lights on,so assume fully charged.
unplug the unit,press the button only 3 lights show up.
plug it back in,2 solid lights,3rd starts blinking,after 2 blinks all 4 light up,all turn off after 1min or so.
unplug,press button only 3 light up?
long press button,1st light goes green but only 2 more are blue/lit,4th is not lit.

What’s going on,any ideas?
defective,on it’s way out or just a glitch?

1 Like

Hi @MystaMagoo, what charger are you using to charge your PowerCore?

Hey @MystaMagoo
Ideally you want to be using as a minimum 5v 3a charger.

Just charging via pc usb.
It acts like its full but only shows 3 lights.

edit
Maybe was just a glitch?
I charged a note 4 from empty to full.
Plugged powercore back into pc
now after a while it shows 3 solid and 4th blinking,which it wasn’t doing before.
So at this point it looks solved but will wait for full charge etc before changing post subject.

I own this and recognise the problem. It is not full, it turns itself off having refused your substandard charging.

You have at least one problem.

1. You need to use a 18W PD charger. You are not. You are charging from PC. Then,
  2. When do you use an actual 18W PD charger, you need to either a higher end cable stating it can handle 9V, or a short cable.

We assume you bought a PD Powercore, which costs more than a non-PD Powercore, because you have a PD device which benefits from 18W vs lower cost 10W, that device will have come with a PD charger. So use that charger.

The input requirements are well stated, they are:

So find your PD charger and check it has matches at least one of those modes. 9V is more common than 15W. Important is it not supporting 12V so there’s a chance your device may be, say, 20V only and so not work. Read the small print on your charger and ensure it has either of 5V 3A, 9V 2A or 15V 1.2A minimums.

If you don’t see that, then you need to buy a charger which does.

Blockquote

professor

Lv15

Apr 5, 2020 12:07 pm:

I own this and recognise the problem. It is not full, it turns itself off having refused your substandard charging.

You have at least one problem.

1. You need to use a 18W PD charger. You are not. You are charging from PC. Then,
  2. When do you use an actual 18W PD charger, you need to either a higher end cable stating it can handle 9V, or a short cable.

We assume you bought a PD Powercore, which costs more than a non-PD Powercore, because you have a PD device which benefits from 18W vs lower cost 10W, that device will have come with a PD charger. So use that charger.

Hi
Ok I don’t know the difference PD or non PD.
Bought this version for the oculus quest with anker thunderbolt.
I have the quest charger and also a samsung adaptive charger but I hear the samsung doesn’t ‘adapt’ correctly.
Already own a few anker cables which using to charge.

PC has now fully charged the PD,all lights on when button pressed,aso 1 green and 3 blue when long pressed button.
My mobo does have a specific usbC port so will look up its ‘charging’ supply.
Will check my oculus charger for info,when phone plugged in it does fast charger.

I also have the 20100 powercore (not usbC) which I tried to charge the PD with but same thing.

At this moment my problem/query is solved but I will deffo look into the charging options.

Get out your charger and hold a magnifying glass up to the specs, look at something saying either

5V and at least 3A
or 9V and at least 2A.
or 15V and at least 1.2A

If you see anything else it probably won’t work.

PD = Power Delivery. It is a more powerful and more expensive specification of charging technology. If you don’t know what it is, you probably have the wrong chargers and probably bought the wrong Powercore.

Something saying Power Delivery may still not work, e.g if your laptop has PD charger it probably is 20V, and so not 5, 9, 12V.

If you decide to buy a charger then ask stating all your needs, there are 1 and 2 port chargers to fit to your overall needs.

Hey Professor
Thanks for the info and insights.

Bought the right one,needed for oculus quest and also to fast charge my phones.
oculus charger is 5v 3a
samsung adaptive fast charger is 9v 1.67a or 5v 2a

so will use oculus charger from now on.

1 Like

OK the oculus charger is 15W, the Powercore requires 18W, so you’re going to find it a little slower to recharge than advertised.

Use the shortest thickest cable and best quality you have as 5V 3A is inefficient.

Is the 10000PD chargable by USB3.1 gen2 and alike cable?

Yes.

Gen2 only differs from Gen1 for data and this for power only.