PowerConf Check/change user mode without app?

Hi I asked this question in the comments of the 26.48 firmware as well but I was wondering if there is some way I can check and change the mode on my powerconf without using the SoundCore app?

The reason is because I mostly use the PowerConf with my windows laptop. I don’t want to have to disconnect from laptop, connect to phone, check SoundCore app to confirm mode, then disconnect phone and reconnect computer. Too many steps.

Is there a button combo to check or change this mode on the device itself? Or is there a windows 10 app/program that can check it?

Thanks!

Dear Andrew,

Currently, the mode on the PowerConf can only be changed via the Soundcore app. And this app is designed for mobile phones, not compatible with laptops. Sorry for any inconvenience this feature caused.

Rest assured that our team is in the continuous effort to optimize the user experience. Your requirements and valuable suggestions were forwarded to our engineer. Hope improvements can be made in the near future.

Any further assistance needed from our side, please feel free to contact our customer support at support@anker.com.

Warm regards,

I recommend that on the next firmware they add a press-and-hold for one of the buttons on the device itself to change modes, and a voice prompt should say which mode it has changed to so that it is clear what mode we are in without having to go to an app.

The beauty of a Jabra device is YOU DON’T EVER FIDDLE WITH ANYTHING, you plug it in or pair to it, and it just works. Period. No settings to worry about. No Setup time. You turn it on, you use it right now. That is the standard your speaker and others are held against.

A single or multi-person mode is a good idea but it CANNOT be buried in a special app that you have to root around in to get to the setting and change it. People will accidentally have the device in single-person mode for a group and they will have a bad experience with your device as a result, and I am a developer myself so nobody knows better than I that “The user is never to blame, you simply didn’t make it easy/clear enough”.

The app should be there for firmware updates, user manual, troubleshooting, maybe some detailed info, but any significant setting needs an option to change on the device itself.

How would people like it if the only way to change the volume on the device was via the app?

1 Like

+Bump

I totally agree with Andrew99. Has there been any progress at allowing this setting to be view and changed outside the mobile app?

I think the previous suggestion at how to resolve is great:

I recommend that on the next firmware they add a press-and-hold for one of the buttons on the device itself to change modes, and a voice prompt should say which mode it has changed to so that it is clear what mode we are in without having to go to an app.