powerconf c300 crop tool

Is it possible to add a crop frame function into the software or a zoom-in feature? I have my webcam on my mounted monitor and is far away making me appear small in comparison.

1 Like

Supposedly it has AI autozoom and focus, https://www.androidguys.com/reviews/anker-powerconf-c300-webcam/amp/, but you have an interesting point about how much field it captures. Not sure if Anker thought about that as a feature, interested if they would issue an official response to this question.
Your other non software option might be to find another camera mount point that gives you the desired initial field and sizing, and then let it zoom and focus around that.

It would definitely make sense to introduce a 60° FOV for near field situations. For a placement on my monitor an arm-length away the 78° is still too wide. In video calls you really want the other participants to see you up close, not some afterthought in the background of the room. :wink:

So, if any of the software developers is reading this: I would really appreciate the lower FOV. :smile:

I’m in total agreement. Just bought this camera, and I find the 78° is too wide. It’s mounted 27" from my face, on top of one of two 27" monitors (as in: this is a comfortable distance for my monitors).

It would be nice to have two things:

1. The ability to enter a custom Fixed Angle
  2. The ability to customize the angle for Solo-Framing (and maybe also Auto-Frame)

For the second item, this might be a slider ranging from “Wide” to “Close” or something like “Stable” to “Aggressive”. It’s a balance because the tighter the framing, the more it’s going to pan around for any little movement. This makes sense to customize because (1) everyone’s environment is different and (2) some people sit perfectly still while others sway side-to-side constantly.

Using “Solo-Frame” the framing is actually even a little bit wider than 78°: