Power users

how many of you have ever got to do the power users?
i have tried many times but never got to it in time.
i check all most every day but no luck.

3 Likes

I have several times. I’ve learned that my chances are greatly improved if I do so late at night. Keep trying, good luck!

1 Like

late at night, what is your time zone.
i live in Arkansas, so I’m Central time
also what products have you been able to review?

1 Like

Alabama - Central also.

PowerCore 20100, lightning cable, PowerPort 2. Also have received 50% off coupons to purchase Anker products.

1 Like

I’ve reviewed several items over the years including 5 or so thus far in 2016. I’m not sure that I check everyday, but definitely several times per week. I often have good luck early in the morning, but there are also many times when I check in the am and new samples are already claimed. It’s just a matter of checking on the right day at the right time.

2 Likes

I’ve reviewed a number of items from anker over the years. The new way is much better than having to email in all the time :slight_smile:
However I am rather picky about what I review now, generally I will only apply for stuff that I can see me using on a daily basis. Simply because I think that is the fairest way to review things, and to stop myself from having a collection of things I never use :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I don’t have enough followers anywhere to be a power user.

3 Likes

I got to test few product and as for the time it’s kinda every where. But I am also some what picky on what I want to review since it should be something your interested.

3 Likes

I think it all depends on time luck and how many people have claimed it.

2 Likes

Hi Arwen. Where/how do you do your reviews for your Anker products? Do you have to be an established reviewer with a following to be a power user? Being a power user is something I wouldn’t mind getting involved with but I’ve never really done anything like it before. Also, this Anker community is again the first time I’ve used a forum of any kind so I’m still finding my feet a bit.

3 Likes

When I bought my first anker product (about 3.5 year ago) there was a note inside saying that anker were looking for product testers/reviewers. I simply applied. I generally post my reviews on Amazon and various forums I am on. As well as Twitter.

I suspect anker are getting a bit more picky about their power users as they are now really wanting to get their name out to as many people as possible. Rather than only getting product feedback back.

3 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

I tend to check a few times a day, usually once in morning, in afternoon, and at night again. There doesn’t appear to be a pattern of products getting released at certain times / days. Well, not that I can tell!

1 Like

I filled out a forum that is link bound in the area of power users.
Still no samples to review today and I’ve check all weekend. :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve gotten a few. Just lucky I suppose. I’m happy with some discounted products and even paying full price for Anker stuff I need.

It’s just an added perk of being loyal to Anker. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

It’s more a case of falling lucky when they offer a sample. So far I think I’ve had around 6 samples :thinking:, two audio and three PowerCores, spread over 6-8 months

The samples are added randomly, on average a new one every 1-2 weeks, although I’ve seen this stretch to 3-4 weeks if they are trying to use up samples which have little uptake, such as screen protectors, after all not everyone has an iPhone 7 :wink:. PowerCores and audio products go fastest, often only a few are offered.

Best to check in sometimes morning and evening if your desperate to snag something. You can also email marketing@anker.com to be put on a waiting list if you have not had the chance to review an item on the power user program.

1 Like

Good idea i will do the e-mail thing and see where that get me.
hay…this forum has just paid off with good info.

I actually was a part of the power user program for over a year and a half. I haven’t received anything though lately. I think the last item I was asked to review was a battery back.
I was just about to post to ask if Anker was still offering this program with all the fuss about Amazon and their review process.

1 Like

They’ve definitely scaled back on it, I’m sure it’s related.

1 Like

I’ve been testing for almost a year now and have tested about 8 items. I haven’t seen anything being offered for at least a month now. Hopefully, they will re-implement the program soon.

1 Like