Power it up with PowerCore 10000mAh

Good review with humour aswell :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

As @hunho.lee10 has mentioned adding photos for future reviews would be good and helps give others a better understanding of your reviewed item.

2 Likes

Sounds good, my PowerCore 10000 is the most used out of my PowerCores so seeing what could be brought to a gen II will be interesting.

3 Likes

My only question is will it have Quick Charge or not?

2 Likes

I take it you mean QC4.0 as the current one has/had QC3.0 already;

1 Like

No I mean will it have Qualcomm Quick Charge

1 Like

Unless I’m missing something :confused:

1 Like

@ankerofficial said there was going to be a new PowerCore II 10000 in August. I was wondering if this new version will include Qualcomm Quick Charge or not. I know the current version does.

1 Like

Qualcomm QC is over-represented in the Anker product line. The nice thing about the 'ole 10000 was it was minimalist and focused on simple density, probably its nearest siblings below is the Mini+ and the Slim 5000 to go down in size or a different shape. Then going in size there is a performance drop for recharge til you get to the 26800 with its dual input. So the density focused products with balance of recharge time, have basically just 4 products, out of dozens.

Please, not another QC product.

The Powercore II 10000 is bloated, it is physically larger, heavier relative to its Wh and has performance which some don’t benefit from (basically if you don’t need QC) so if you don’t have QC (so that’s Apple and a lot of the Android community) its just bigger heavier more expensive for no benefit.

We need a successor to the 10000.

With Apple picking USB-C, we need USB-C better represented, I’d say like a USB-C 10000 with say 15W output, 10W input. Or, at most, a dual port 10000mah, with say one USB-C for input and output and a USB2 for output to “legacy” devices (like Anker’s Sound products which really need to become USB-C too).

2 Likes

Supposedly the next iPhone will fast charge through PD.

1 Like

I don’t think this was mentioned here but there are two different PowerCore 10000 units, one has Quick Charge 3.0 (PowerCore Speed) while the other doesn’t. There is a $10 price difference between the two (Amazon’s current selling price; going by the MSRP, they are the same price).

It’s my belief that the posted review was for the standard PowerCore 10000.

PowerCore Speed 10000, with Quick Charge 3.0
PowerCore Speed 10000, with Quick Charge 3.0(Anker site link)

PowerCore 10000, no Quick Charge
PowerCore 10000, no Quick Charge (Anker site link)

1 Like

This is related to one of my pet hates of QC with portable chargers. QC just adds (weight, size, cost) and if you’re just moving for a few hours you’d have phone only, if moving for longer you’d have your QC charger, if moving for even longer you’d have a portable charger (powerbank) so if you are moving for so long you have that portable charger with you that whole time, so why pay $ and added weight for that speed when you could plug in what you have with (that whole time) in earlier.

1 Like

The OnePlus DASH / OPPO VooC method is an interesting one for me. I own a OnePlus3T (as well as other devices) and it really does all of its claims, the key one being it recharges as fast when the phone is in use as when it is not in use, because it is a tightly integrated closed proprietary solution for the DC-DC conversion efficiency and heat problem which QC and others have to battle. The downside is it is a closed system.

2 Likes

Will add more next time (and even planning to some videos in the future), but for now have uploaded 2 photos that I took for my blog.

1 Like

Will add more photos next time but for now have uploaded 2 photos that I took for my blog. Planning to some videos in the future too.

1 Like

Look forward to seeing some of your next reviews.

1 Like

The Powercore 10000 is getting long in the tooth is it over 18 months old. I love mine, it is my most used powerbank.

For successor, either:

• same 2A input and 2A output but smaller
  • or same size but increase the mAh.

Or:

• USB-C 3A input and 3A output
  • 2nd port Type2 for legacy".

What is type2?

:laughing:

Seriously though, I think he’s referring to a normal USB output for legacy devices.

1 Like

You know what I mean. Big rectangular.

1 Like

1 Like