Is this new? Powercore II 20000

I reckon from the photos I can predict it.

It is a 3-cell wide 2 cell stacked configuration, each cell a 18650 3350mAh. That means it is the same width and height as the Powercore 10000. The depth is likely 1 18650 ontop of the Powercore 10000. Given its IQ2, then the same chipset can do more Wattage.

Hence, if it is what I think it is inside, on the outside it should be

• length 3.62+2.67 (allow for solder) = 6.29in
  • width 2.36in, I doubt a reason to be any wider
  • depth 0.87in, it could be thicker to strengthen the bending, given its shape.

Weight should be about 12.4-12.8oz.

Where is the 10000 IQ2?

So that would be most compact Anker 20000mAh correct?

“The upgrade version PowerCore II 10000 will be launched in August. Sorry, I can’t share more information about the functional question. Hoping you can understand me”

@AnkerOfficial said this awhile ago.

Yes it should be, I’m just disappointed with the expected recharge speeds. 2x2A, or 2.4A or 3A input.

The Powercore II 20000 is dual input. The Powercore 20000 is not.

The typical member here won’t care, I’m thinking corner cases and extremes. For example: solar. The sun varies, if you get a perfect situation the 21W Anker solar panel can exceed 2A output, with the possible Powercore 20000 it would potentially discard energy from that perfect few hours. A Powercore II 20000 does not discard anything as dual-input. It is rarely perfect solar, most of the time <2A so most of the time the Powercore 20000 is fine.

From what I see, the Powercore 20000 has no inherent reason to be expensive, it would be my prediction to be the most commonly best value 20000 mAh.

1 Like

I know

Waiting.

I thought the powercore II line will use flat battery cell instead of 18650 cell though. (powercore II 20k and 10k mah). also, IQ2 seem to be QC 2.0 or 3.0 i guess, because the powercore II 20k doesnt have fast charging, but the powercore II 10k has and can fast charge QC device.

Yes, this is one of our most important new release product in August! Keep an eye out for it, campaign will coming soon!

2 Likes

@AnkerOfficial Can you reveal the product specifications now please so I’m not having to think whether I want it or not as stock disappears.

If you don’t want to say in public the message me and I’ll not share it.

Size, weight, V A W in and out.

I have no QC, I only need 5V 2A-3A in and out, and physically smallest and lightest, for which the current Powercore 10000 is my go-to.

1 Like

You may have to wait another 3 weeks. Or… it could get delayed again!

I’m interested in learning more about the new PowerIQ 2.0 technology!

2 Likes

Have the Powercore II with just IQ, amazing product!

I have older Chromebooks I am repairing with youtube guides and ebay parts, but at some point I will have to buy a laptop, I have a tablet which will die and it is not practically serviceable.

I need, say within 6 months, a proper decent upgrade to the Powercore 10000, 20000, 26800 which addresses the phone, smaller tablet, laptop problems.

I trust Anker’s engineering reliability, design to thermal and safety limits, but (frankly) the innovation is slow.

It is easy to list:

• 10Ah with 10W input and 15W output
  • 20Ah with 30W input and 60W output
  • 27Ah with 60W input and 100W output.
  • USB-C everywhere. Qualcomm QuickCharge is useful for phones but the future is USB-PD which scales to laptops.

Waiting.

1 Like

That things gonna be HUGE

1 Like

No, does not need to be. The Lithium can handle it.

The question is about the electronics, its costs.

The shape is non-debatable, it has to be a slab, like laptop batteries, such as the existing Powercore 26800 shape, it has to be for the thermal heat dissipation. The only debatable points are features in that shape.

I think it would be good in a design like the PowerCore II 20000 (the original one)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LQ7MQG6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_bt-IzbY9PDWE4

It looks exactly like the old version, thank you anker for not making these glossy!

I think these are inside totally different cells. The Powercore II 20000 square shape tells me it is Lithium Ion Poly. Poly has a higher Voltage so more Wh per volume, it can be made in any shape but generally slabs so produces a square side.

The Powercore 20000 IQ2 has rounded sides, tells me it is inside 6 18650 3350mAh cells so the difference is in the electronics which should produce a more efficient and therefore faster recharge and discharge.

I’m more interested in the newer 20000 if it has faster recharge.

My actual needs are on long business flying trip days where I prefer to pack with under-seat bag only so I’m very volume sensitive, every cable and charger is picked selectively, a 10000 is not quite enough so I use a 10000 and either the Slim 5000 or the Mini+, so I’m lugging 2 ports 13350-15000mAh currently, and anything which is smaller is of interest. My 10000 is reducing its charge as its >18 months and used heavily already so I also need to buy something “soon” (next month or two) anyway.

I own 26800 - it is huge, its only really got used by family on long weekend off-grid type situations, it is overkill for me, I keep it charged for power outages, it rarely leaves home.

I have one and I love it. I only paid $35 with Amazon Prime. Extra 10$ for the case which I highly recommend.

Anker appears to be making a step to make this less confusing.

Now, the original PowerCore II 20000 (with PowerIQ 1.0) is being called PowerCore Elite 20000. My guess is that we see these names filter over onto Amazon, too. Same thing with the PowerCore II 10000 with PowerIQ 1.0.

That way the entire PowerCore II lineup has PowerIQ 2.0. So basically the II has nothing to do with the shape.

We’ll see…

1 Like