Power in the House: Introducing PowerHouse 200!

Give it a few weeks. I have a feeling the final selling price will be in the $250-$300 range

1 Like

Yes Hahahhahahahahahahha

$399 and no DC output??? I love Anker and all but come on! Price is much higher than I expected. There are other portable “generators” that has almost double the power at the same price.

How much is spectacular customer service worth to you?

Yes! I’ve been waiting for the new release of the powerhouse. I could make use of a powerbank this size on all my adventures :slight_smile:

While it would be good to use with my CPAP machine, it would only net me about 2 hours of use before needing a charge. Guess this would be for emergency backup for other devices. I still would love to get and use it, even 2 hours is better than none with my machine

Correct and if the energy fuels shared transportation and cyclists…

Nuclear energy “green washing” with electric cars is just wasting energy of moving a heavy battery car. Using electricity to move shared transportation is better and the last mile is a bike then reduces energy and congestion.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who feel like portable batteries are never enough and it’s completely normal to have 7 or 10 of them? But this is a whole new game, opens completely new horizons haha, good job Anker!

3 Likes

this looks so cool just I dont really have a use for it since I am a couch potato most of the time and there is an outlet not far away

2 Likes

Completely agree I am always scared I don’t have enough to charge everything

1 Like

They are great for backup power if you live in an area where power goes out a lot.

2 Likes

oh thats a good point but i live in the city and usually the power goes out for a solid ten seconds and its right back on. at least as of now. knock on wood it doesnt change. maybe ill pick one up just for emergencies

1 Like

no you have me stressing the power will go out. how to get anker sales… paranoia

1 Like

It’s always good to be prepared. It’s not paranoia if thousands of people have lost power recently due to freezing temperatures. If you’re really worried about it I would consider getting a cheap generator and keeping a few gallons of gasoline handy.

2 Likes

This came in my mind too.

What will all the poor users do?
Smart home, BUT no electricity : “Dark side of the moon” :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

OMG! I really want this! I can see me taking this out camping with family and friends. Charging up everyone’s phone and possibly inflating some air mattresses. Also I went to Puerto Rico for Hurricane Maria Response and Relief Efforts in 2017 and early 2018, this would have been perfect to take with me. I can see this being something I would really need.
Anyway, on a side note, I love to hike and its way too big for hiking, especially when every pound counts when carrying over 40 pounds already, but in my situation perfect for camping and emergency responses.

2 Likes

It’s great to have, but you would not be able to take this on a plane without prior approval and authorization as it exceeds the 100wh carry on limit

1 Like

When deployed that is something I don’t have to worry about as we travel in military conveyance. So that is not an issue, but I can see it being a big issue if we had to catch a commercial flight. Would have to pack it in with the tools.

2 Likes

what a monster, if I had the money it would already be on the way!

Field testing for manufacturing industry could really use these. We usually need a gas generator for outdoor remote testing, running a few pieces of equipment for 30-40 minutes. A system like this would save my back hoisting unnecessary equipment.

1 Like