Power Delivery PowerBanks, Cables, and Chargers

As the Google Pixel 2 is making the waves in the media after it’s recent announcement, there’s been some articles pointing towards the fact that the pixel phones will be following the USB-IF standard of power delivery, which differs with quick charge technologies that have gotten popular over the past couple of years. I know that Anker is working towards pushing the PD system into their devices, but there’s no easy way to navigate which products have power delivery and which do not without clicking through every page. Anyone able to point us in the an easy list of available PD devices?

Secondary to this, a few reddits, g+ pages are tooting the reviews by Benson Leung and a few others in which a number of cables, chargers, adapters were reviewed as being non-compliant. Unfortunately, Anker was hit with not so great reviews. Since most of the reviews seem to be from last year (after the original pixel phones launch), I was wondering if there’s been any update to Anker’s assortment to reach proper compliance. Anyone have insight on this?

1 Like

I’d be glad to help. As far as I know, Anker has pulled all of the non-compliant devices. They do not have very many PD devices right now.

PowerPort Speed 1
PowerCore+ 26800 PD
PowerLine II USB-C
Their PowerPort+ 5 also supports PD, but I believe it had to most compatibility issues out of the bunch.

If you are looking for a power bank, I would strongly recommend waiting for the PowerCore+ II series coming around the end of the year.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction.

1 Like

Hi I’m need a new usb c charger for my 2018 iPad Pro. I’d like a 6ft cord with power delivery but can’t seem to find one. Assuming I buy a compatible charger with max output, what’s the difference in charging speed between these two cables?

This without PD
Anker Powerline II USB-C to C 2.0 Cable (6ft) Probably The World’s Most Durable Cable, USB-IF Certified for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 S8 S8+ S9, Nexus 6P, Huawei Matebook, MacBook, iPad Pro 2018 and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WNXY1R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_p4ofCb643FHQ5

And this with PD

Anker Powerline II USB-C to USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 Cable (3ft) with Power Delivery, for Samsung Galaxy Note 8, S8, S8+, S9, Google Pixel, Nexus 6P, Huawei Matebook, MacBook and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JYDQ7N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_L3ofCb0DWYF1Y