Power bank not fast charging

Recently bought this (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082WD5TY8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_68BBCWV7R0PSZKQDVV3W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1). I plug my usb-C cable into the bank. It says fast charging for about 10 secs then changes to cable charging. Does it fast charge or not? Should I return it?

I would contact the support,
But you could try another cable.

Look up your phone power input specifications. “Fast charge” is meaningless vague. You’ve stated your Powercore but not your phone.

This Powercore supports 9V 2A Power Delivery and Qualcomm Quickcharge 2.0 so question is does your phone? Example of not being fastest charge is if your phone is say a Samsung which supports 25W and so it getting 18W isn’t what that phone means by fast charge.

I have a Samsung s20+. Wall charging I have options of regular charge, fast charge and super fast charging. When I plug in my phone to the bank, it switches between fast and cable charging. Big difference in timing between the two. I understand I might not get super fast like wall charging, but why switch between fast and cable?

Samsung needs a PPS so what happened is the PD is being rejected and they share a 5V 2A.

I’m not aware of an Anker PPS Powercore, they may have a newer higher cost model but you’d have to research.

What’s happened is you didn’t understand what “fast charge” meant for your phone. It means totally different things for different phones. You need a PPS PDO power bank, or just accept that Samsung uses a niche protocol , research a PPS PDO power bank, or simply accept slower charging 10W.

1 Like

Ok, I get what you are saying, but you’re partially missing my question - when plugged in it switches between fast charging and cable charging. Should it do that? Is that normal expected behavior for this power bank?

It can happen during negotiations.