Power bank not charging any devices

I have Anker powercore 20100
I have recently been experiencing a problem with this power bank that I can fully charge the device with all LED lit, but no matter what I do it won’t charge any devices. I have tried different cables, different devices, pressing the charge indicator after connecting it to my phone.
The UCB sucket doesn’t seem to have any visible damage inside and outside as I opened it.
If I hold the button on the power bank and connect the cable to the USB the LED light flashes, I am not sure what does this indicating but to me it shows the USP ports are connected to the circuit.
This is a bit of a strange issue that I couldn’t find much information online, everything I could find online was to do with the power bank itself not charging, but my one charges fine.
I tried to contact Anker support but all they said was that my power bank has a problem :man_facepalming:t2:.
Any help would be highly appreciated, thank you.

It is probably a failed unit and to be disposed of safely.

You’d eliminated already (good job) the common fixes (different cable, device).

The only thing you not mentioned yet to try is to reset the unit. Ensure no lights on. Connect a USB-A to Micro-B cable to the Powercore - loop - connect to itself. Then press and hold the power button. See the light comes on. Then wait a while. See if that fixes it. If not, then it’s dud, discard safely.

As far I see you tried all “tricks” to resolve the problem.
Different cable, cleaning plugs an sockets.
The pb could be defective at last.
But you should contact the support, maybe the got a “magic idea”.

Oh ja try that reset @professor mentioned by “looping”.
Good luck!

1 Like

If it’s still under warranty contact support so they send you another power bank

Thanks, I tried to connect it to itself as well. Seems like I need a new one.

1 Like

Than there is nothing more you can do.

I would open it and check the batteries.
But please only if you got very excellent skills for such a surgery.
Otherwise battery recycling bin.

Sorry to hear that, you’ve tried everything.

If you want help picking a new one then search and if can’t find answer then ask. That’s quite an old model you have.

I tend to buy the newly released ones to avoid getting a physically old model by accident of warehouse stock, and I keep a spare and I gift away my known good older ones after carefully looking after them better than an unknown warehouse. Good to buy from official distributors with free return if you can too as even new ones have the odd dud.

I’ve only bought from Amazon and I’ve never had any Powercore to bad on me ever, and the ones I gifted to others are still working, I saw one 7 years old I’d gifted still working recently (but they said they’d only checked lights still come on) and another 4 years old they use daily. Anker stuff is reliable, but some here are buying from places where it’s a cost if you are unfortunate to get a dud.

2 Likes