Portable battery decision

Hey guys I thought I would introduce myself since I’m knew to the community here. I absolutely love Anker! I could use some opinions. I don’t know what portable battery to buy for my IPhone XS Max. I use it pretty heavily throughout the day at work. I’m a surveyor for construction. So I’m constantly using the phone for work related purposes.

I was thinking maybe like a 10,000MAH or 20,000MAH. I have all the usb c to lightning cables already and I got 2 Anker 49.5W wall port with the usb c and usb a ports. Also, I will be flying to Paris in August which is 9 hour flight so I’m going to need something that will last the whole trip. I will be watching movies the whole way.

6 Likes

I Have It (iphone X) Because of its sizes its awesome, can fit in pocket.

20,000MAH of course it will be better but bigger also.

1 Like

Which model charger do you have?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0194WDVHI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This One

Will that get me through a 9 hour plain ride? Lol I herd the new 10000 PD is nice

If Xs Max will have full battery before fly and power bank full charged it will give you much more than 9 hours of working.

My X’s Battery last Longer than 1.5 Day and if you have XS MAX it have much bigger battery + you will have Power bank.

Yes, PowerCore 10000 PD sounds just right for you. It will fast charge with a USB-C to Lightning cable, which you say you already have! :thumbsup:

It will charge your phone nearly two full times, which should be plenty for a nine-hour plane ride.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this Joshua? When did this change happen fella?
Totally missed and proper confused me for a second :slight_smile:

10000 will do but I like the extra charge and extra port to charge other things so personally would go for the 20k :thumbsup:

1 Like

Welcome!

I have the PowerCore Speed 20000 PD
with a USB-C to lightning cable you can make the most of the Power Delivery Charging for your phone.
This charger is also capable of charging and powering a USB-C powered laptop like a MacBook which is awesome for me.
which ever charger you get make sure you have Power Delivery to make the most out of the features of your iPhone

1 Like

10,000mAh vs 20,000mAh

Do you need to recharge your iPhone more than 2 times before you can recharge the power bank? If yes, then go for a 20,000mAh model. If not then stick with 10,000mAh. There is a significant size and weight difference between the two. A 10,000mAh (if that’s enough) will be more comfortable on the job and on the go.

10,000mAh Recommendations

Anker PowerCore 10000 - Classic model, available at some Best Buys and Walmarts. Or just buy off Amazon. It is USB-A (regular Lightning cable) but supports Apple 2.4A. That is an old fast charging standard from Apple which is still on newer model iPhones. So if the iPhone is near 0% it’ll charge up to 10.5W vs the usual 5W. A USB-A only charger will also last you a bit longer. It uses lower voltage, so less power is loss in the voltage conversion process.

Anker PowerCore 10000 PD - Newer model with USB-C and Power Delivery support. Newer iPhones like yours support Power Delivery for fast charging. It can get up to 15W. Compared to Apple 2.4A the newer PD is faster from 0-30% and almost the same from 30-50%. From 70-100% all fast charging is turned off. Its USB-A port also supports Apple 2.4A. So you could fast charge two iPhones at once. Though the power bank wouldn’t make it past a single recharge for each.

The older model is cheaper and will work fine for your needs. The newer PD model is a bit faster, in exchange for a bit less power (or use the USB-A port to conserve power when needed). PD model is also better future proofed.

Top: Anker PowerCore 10000. Bottom: Anker PowerCore 10000 PD.

20,000mAh Recommendations

Lot of choices, too many to go through.

If you want USB-C then go for the PowerCore Speed 20000 PD. You can get just the power bank and USB-C cable from Walmart. Or a bundle including a 30W USB-C wall charger from Amazon or Best Buy. The wall charger will charge your iPhone well, so dedicated travel charger?

Other USB-C models from Anker are either more expensive, non-PD, and/or have features beyond what you need for an iPhone.

If you want cheaper any Anker 20,000mAh power bank with PowerIQ will support Apple 2.4A fast charging.

1 Like

Josh changed his username and YouTube channel the other day… he said he felt “insiderish”…

1 Like

This is not Joshua lol my name is Cody. My name is my username. Thank you for all the replies and help guys. I really like the 20,000 mah chargers just to be safe but they are so big. The 10000 mah chargers are perfect size for me but idk if that’s enough power for me. Can someone please tell me how this portable battery is?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/anker-powercore-20000-mah-portable-charger-for-most-usb-enabled-devices-black/5948567.p?skuId=5948567

We were referring to @Insider… he changed his name :wink:.

As to the question of size… I checked the amazon description, but the size listed there clearly isn’t correct…

Very strange… perhaps someone who owns it can help you out?

Oh I’m sorry for the confusion. The battery that I just linked from Best Buy sounds like it would fit my needs and charge my iPhone pretty fast with the usb A quick charge. Just curious what some of you guys have to say about it.

I found a review…

Thank you that helped a lot!

1 Like

Guys Here is my review And Pictures of "
Anker PowerCore 10000, One of The Smallest and Lightest 10000mAh External Batteries, Ultra-Compact, High-Speed Charging Technology Power Bank
"

**also with size compared with iPhone Se

with phones containing enormous batteries (some reaching 5000 mAh capacity) soon 10k powerbanks will not cut it.

1 Like

Wasn’t this same subject discussed in the last couple weeks