Poll: Did you upgrade your phone this year?

Not for the moment. Let’s see what the new iphone is

1 Like

I bought a new iPhone 7 in November 2017 through T-Mobile and still running strong. I had a pre-owned iPhone 5 before that which lasted me about 2 years. Personally, I don’t see a reason to upgrade yearly and tend to use my electronics for as long as they last

It was definitely worth it because I got the phone for only $75. I upgraded from an iPhone 7 plus to 3 generations up, an iPhone XS Max. They gave me $300 for mine, which was acting up and needed to be switched out. Verizon has a sale where you buy one phone and get $750 towards another. I added my Mom to my plan, she got an iPhone XR and I got the deal!

1 Like

That seems a way which could be done when upgrading.
But I think you are an exception. :wink:

The whole mess is, that elder phones can not be updated with actual software. :angry:
That’s what I totally don’t like.
That’s the business of the companies.

This is the reason I use LINUX at my old LENOVO T410s.
This laptop will not work with any newer WIN-distribution.
So it would be normally garbage.
I own an old MACbook as well.
But this can not be undated. That’s APPLE!
(I need this only to use ITUNES to feed my IPODs)

2 Likes

seems most people are starting to wait according to results. I think this has to do with slower innovation in new offerings or features. Like Steve Woz said, everyone has a phone now, so what

Rocking a S9 plus :heart_eyes::sunglasses:

1 Like

I do agree that most phones last longer than usual and the cost of a new phone now is just ridiculous! They actually cost more than a fully equipped laptop computer. I would have waited to upgrade my phone another one or two years but this opportunity came up that I couldn’t refuse!

1 Like

That’s only 2 gen Bro, X and 8 belong to the same chip Gen.

1 Like

I upgraded to galaxy s9 plus because I moved from iphone to android last year and got a moto z2 force edition. It was cool, but I was looking for something better and after a year the moto was starting to slow down.

1 Like

Agreed, but the way I see it mostly is on the releases. I had the iPhone 7 Plus, then the iPhone 8 came out, then iPhone X got released, and now the iPhone XS. Chipset it is two generations but release generations it is 3. At least for me it is! And not much difference between all of those except for just a couple of upgrades… chipset and some features…

2 Likes

I didn’t upgrade either. I still have my iPhone 6S from when that first came out. Still works great, so I have no reason or need to upgrade. I’ve been pretty disappointed with the latest iPhone updates. There’s nothing that’s really giving me an overly strong desire to get a new one. I’m going to try to hold out for another 2 years before upgrading. I’m hoping the tech in 2021 will have that WOW factor that I feel like it’s missing right now.

I would love to try another brand of phone, but I’m too invested in the Apple ecosystem and I’m afraid leaving an iPhone would be difficult.

Agreed @TheCharneco ! It was hard for me to let go of the iPhone 7 Plus but I’m starting to like FACEID and wireless charging! I already bought the car charger so now I need more Anker Tech!

Yeah. Face ID and wireless charging are the only things I’m very envious of right now. :slight_smile: Glad to hear you’re enjoying it! I be the larger screen on a smaller phone is nice for you.

1 Like

I miss the touch ID, Face ID :unamused: but I will say wireless charging is the big deal when it comes to missing something from the upgrades. iOS still the same :sleeping:

Newer Apple phone users, don’t you guys miss the headphone jack? That would be a big deal for me

Liberty Neo :wink:

1 Like

Lol I got some wireless earbuds but I gotta worry about play time. With my regular earbuds, I don’t have to worry about that

I lost the Headphone jack with iPhone 7 plus, so by now I’m used to this. I used the included earphones with Lightning connector most of the time, my Bluetooth pair are for the GYM (Also carry a backup wired Headphones). In my car I have the option of audio via USB(Long trip) or Bluetooth(Quick run to the store). The main reason I miss the Headphone jack is because recently I started a podcast using my phone and is a extra adapter you have to carry. By the way @AnkerOfficial any plans to make a shotgun mic or lav mic? just asking.

Yea if you don’t have wireless headphones, then you gotta rely on the dongle. Guess I’m old fashioned and like my wired headphones too much. If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your podcast about?

This is my second attempt of podcast. I was doing the Keto diet to loose some weight, but I realized that I was not feeling any passion to make it. So quality was poor and honestly its a topic that many people have cover. So right know I started the new project (I haven’t upload any episodes yes), this will be more tech orientated related(but not exclusive) but the idea is to invite guest with different areas of expertise(Tech, Sports, Comics, Movies, Music) and learn from them and their point of views on tech. My plan is to have 2 different channels one will be English and one Spanish(since I have access to some Mexico local TV and radio host that I grow up with and went to school together).