One Year Later with the PowerLine+II Cable!

This is my review after a year of owning a Anker Power-line+2 Cable.

My cable is more than a year old now, but it still preforms, charges and looks the same way as when I first got it out of the box. My Anker Cable has with lasted strenuous tests but still has its flexibility like it did before.

This was my first impressions review!

This premium, nylon-wrapped cable is super durable, comes in a variety of colours and lengths. This is not a cheap cable and it’s not necessarily the cable to get if you’re on a rice-and-beans budget, but you’ll save over Apple’s cable and also get a better-looking and better-performing cable, also you will not need to buy twice with this cable as it should last for a long time. The PowerLine+ comes in four colours (gold, grey, red, and white) and four sizes (1 foot, 3 feet, 6 feet, and 10 feet) The slim, round cable is made with ultra-strong aramid fibre and is wrapped in a double-braided nylon sheath. The Lightning connector and the USB plug are housed in tough plastic, which is laser-welded to a more flexible rubbery material at the cable’s stress point. I have personally seen videos of this cable towing a car with another car, the cars were 2 4x4 (SUV’s), and it was just like a tow rope but it was only going at slow speeds. But if you tried to do this with an Apple lightning cable then it would break straight away! (I would not recommend doing this though!) The PowerLine+ feels pretty rugged. Anker says this cable is up to 10 times more durable than other Lightning cables, thanks to its reinforced stress points.

In the box
This cable comes in a small hard shell case and when you open it you are presented with the lightning cable.
Overall
The PowerLine+ is the fanciest and priciest of the Anker cables, and you’re definitely paying a little (but just a little) for the premium look and feel.

After one year!

The cable still looks and feels the same as before. I have not noticed any charging reduction, but I have not tested this as I only charge my phone at night. The cable has kept its colour and the hard shell box has kept its feel.
I personally can not complain about this product from Anker, yes it may be a bit on the more expensive side but you definitely get what you have paid for.

If you would like to buy one of these then check it out!

6 Likes

Nice long term review! We don’t see these much :grin:

1 Like

Nice to see the review after extended use…

1 Like

Nice! I can’t think of a single Anker cable I have that has failed on me yet

1 Like

Long term tests are always good.
Very important using such items as cables.

1 Like

Thanks, I thought I would try something different!

2 Likes

Thank You!

2 Likes

Me either @The_Bearded_Tech_Guy I have got them all across the house.
Thank you @Chiquinho always like your support!

2 Likes

Agreed… nice to have a long term review! Thanks!

2 Likes

This is a nice long-term review! I usually like to see and do a test in the beginning and after long enough use. Considering I’m getting one of the Anker cables soon, this is review sure relieves me of any questions I had :joy:

1 Like

Awesome review! It’s nice to see these type of reviews a year later on

1 Like

Great review!

1 Like

Great Review! Well Read!

1 Like

Good review. They do last forever.

1 Like

That is why you Pay the money!

The last sentence is awesome!:smile:

2 Likes