Night Mode 5 Second Clips

I have my Eufycam 2 cameras set to ‘Optimal Surveillance’ and during the day it appears to take clips for usually as long as there’s movement (as long as it’s less than 60 seconds according to the literature). Using this same setting, clips during the night when night mode is active, clips are only always 5 seconds in length, so a single event could be a series of 5 or 6 clips, all 5 seconds long, one after the other. Is this designed behaviour?

2 Likes

Hi, exactly the same problem here - daylight mode seems to function as desired, but ANY NIGHT MODE results in clips of maximum length 5 seconds.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Good to know that it’s not a fault.

I’m sure it shouldn’t do that, so I rather think that there is some sort of fault or bug.

1 Like

Same problem here, it seems to have trouble detecting the subject as human at night. When it did however, it kept recording for as long as the person was in frame. Anyway, contacted support and I am now waiting for a reply.

2 Likes

I got exactly the same problem, every clip stops after 5 seconds, no matter which mode is activated on the camera.
I hope this gets fixed pretty soon…

1 Like

When I switched to all motion instead of human only, it does record properly at night. But even when it is set to human only, it should record all motion at night according to the app, so maybe there’s a bug there.

1 Like

Thats right, i tried it last evening and the clips are longer in the all motions mode…
I really hope somebody from the eufy-Team is reading this and the bug gets fixed. To me it‘s not really an option to switch to all motions mode because i get a notice for every car that is passing our house

Yes, I contacted them so they are aware of this bug and are working on a solution. Maybe you can set activity zones to exclude the street until the update arrives?

1 Like

Still having the same issue.

eufy support is aware of the issue and are in the process of a fix with next firmware update…Hang tight…:wink:

Good news then

Looks like this issue with night mode only taking 5 second clips has been fixed with this last update to my HomeBase 2 last night to 2.0.7.8h Anyone else noticed the same?

Very interesting issue.

I confirm that I now have full recordings at night for the full timeframe of any events. :grinning:

1 Like