Newest Product in PowerConf Series -- Be an Instant Pro - PowerConf C300

I got mine, but AnkerWork.exe won’t start on my machine with latest Windows 10. Any idea where i can find a log to trace this issue down? I’m starting AnkerWork.exe, UAC window is popping up, i confirm it and then… nothing.

AnkerWork on macOS with the same cam is working fine and i did a firmware update that way, so the cam is running 1.40 now.

Right click on the AnkerWork.exe file and select Run as Administrator and try to run it again. If you take a look at the installer icon, it is showing that it is going to pop up your UAC to have you grant permission to run it on your system, so running it as admin (even if you are a local admin) allows it to access the special permissions needed to install.

1 Like

I ran both installer and AnkerWork.exe with elevated permissions without success

As the product is new with not many in the hands of community members you might be best reaching out to support@anker.com

1 Like

I had faced the same issue, what is your windows version (actual build) saw this issue with Windows 10 build 1909 (also called November 2019). Updated the Windows 10 20H2, and was able to run the app again, till the next windows update broke it. Ran this in compatibility mode Windows 8, worked for a while. Another Windows update, and it broke, Had to uninstall a specific Windows cumulative update to get this fixed. However will let the Anker Support (support@anker.com) get to you. had tested with 5 installers (provided by Anker Support ) before the final release.

The last windows installer from Anker and a windows update earlier from last week – everything is working fine for now.

Try these:

• Completely uninstall the AnkerWork software
  • Reboot the machine
  • Install the AnkerWork
  • Keep the C300 connected to PC
  • Launch the application with “Run as Administrator”
  • Check if this works

Else, run in compatibility mode Windows 8, and launch as Administrator

let us know

If this doesnt work go back to Win7 or XP, last chance is DOS.
(sarcasm as usual):grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Is the driver in HIGHMEM?

If it’s a corporate machine it won’t let you install. It should be obvious if the issue, Acecto etc.

Depends on the company.
When working for the TUM I could install everything.
Never installed something wrong.:grin:

I did all of that without success. I’ve mailed support@anker.com afterwards. I’ll keep you posted as soon as i get answers.

You can download it here: https://us.anker.com/pages/download-software/

Anker Support will get back with resolution steps!!

Has anyone been able to run this on a Mac? I installed the software, the camera is working, but nothing on the software works. I can click around, but none of the choices I make take effect. The firmware vrsion is blank and clicking on Device SN does nothing. When I click to change modes to anything other than Customizable Mode, it crashes.

Is there a firmware update available, and how do we run it?

Open ticket with support@anker.com

Also it only supports MacOS 10.11 and later (per documentation)

I’m on 10.14. I’ll open a ticket. Thanks.

WHen I plugged the camera in first time it appeared to be working just fine PNP but while it was still sorting itself out it gave the message “Software should be installed for x/y/z…” so I just did.

I am unable to confirm whether this would impact the panning features, etc but I did notice that it was following me in frame before I messed with any app settings.

It is worth noting that in the few days I have had the camera it’s done two firmware updates which is uncouragingly frequent. You need the app for that.

Note that C300 was just released last week, and Anker might be pushing updates based on what reports they might have received, to make sure the issues are addressed. These should reduce gradually.

Auto focus work without the app and does not need the app to be up and running. Its plug and play.

1 Like

i got reply from Anker Support:

I am very sorry. Our technicians are already working to solve this problem.
The current temporary solution is: download the software on another non-Win10 computer and set up the settings. FOV / Mode / Image Effect / HDR is saved in the webcam’s firmware. You can then use the webcam directly on the Win10 computer without downloading any software.
You know, a perfect product requires several improvements per customer vote. And there is and always will be a “learning curve” when new products are brought to market.

Now there’s a version 1.0.1.0 digitally signed on ‎20. ‎April ‎2021 14:59:34. This version installs into %LOCALAPPDATA%\AnkerWork instead of %ProgramFiles(x86)%\AnkerWork. But unfortunately without any success on my side. AnkerWork.exe still won’t start.

This just tells me they don’t have enough beta testers, it’s a Windows 10 permissions thing and the few testers wasn’t sufficient to spot it.

Multiple threads.

3 Likes

There are extreme issues with another recently launched product,
I read today at amazon.de
But better they care so much about those very important LÜM stars and the impressive unpack videos which will be created instead of honest testing.