New Roav Jump Starter Pro 1000A does not seem to charge. All four LEDs just blink

I just received my Roav Jump Starter, and as expected, it was shipped with the battery about half charged. So when you click the power button, 2 out of the 4 LEDs light up.

But then when I go to plug the USB cable into a 5V USB wall adapter, it just briefly blinks the 3 third LED like it should charging. But then in about 5 seconds, it changes to having all 4 LEDs blinking. And this ‘mode’ where all 4 LEDS are blinking is not mentioned in the User Manual. So I feel like there is something wrong with the unit I just received.

I will try to leave it plugged in over night and check the battery ‘status’ in the morning.

But I suspect that the unit is not taking a charge for some reason. And I’ve tried using multiple different USB power sources.

Please explain what 4 LEDs blinking when plugged in actually means!! Thx.

Roav recommends using a 5V/3A charger, so the issue may be that you’re not using a powerful enough charger.

Here is a charger that should work:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GWN4PGL

Feel free to contact support@goroav.com as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Turns out, I was using a 3 amp charger. The unit was just a bad unit from the factory. I just did a return through Amazon, and the replacement unit charged up just fine. No issues. (and the LED’s acted the way I would expect them to based on the manual.)

Anker customer support was pretty good. They even said they would look into improving the user manual.

1 Like