New Release (Updated product) - Anker PowerCore 10000 Redux

Looks like the PowerCore 10000 has been given a refresh in design and slight update…the PowerCore 10000 Redux

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 30 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Trickle charging mode Other portable chargers may fail to detect and deliver the tiny power requirements of small devices and wearables. PowerCore has Trickle-Charging Mode to ensure a fast and safe charge for every device, no matter the size.
  • Small Size, Big Power: Provides two-and-a-half charges for iPhone 8 Plus, or 2.6 full Galaxy S9 or iPhone X charges—all from a compact, palm and pocket-friendly body.
  • High-Speed Charging: Anker’s exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to deliver the fastest possible charge for any device. Qualcomm Quick Charge not supported.
  • Certified Safe: Anker’s MultiProtect safety system provides superior protection for you and your devices.
  • What You Get: PowerCore 10000 Redux portable charger, Micro USB cable (USB-C cable and Lightning cable not included), travel pouch, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.uide

Available to order now on Amazon US or Amazon UK

12 Likes

Neat! More and more products.

Shouldn’t that be “Looks like the PowerCore 10,000…”? I can’t seem to find “PowerCore 1,000”

1 Like

Oops typo…fixed now. Thanks @iroast

1 Like

10k? A must use dual 26650 cells instead of 18650 cells.

Damn would love to pick one of these up. Trickle charger technology is so great!

I was thinking the same thing, when they showed the two cells in the picture

1 Like

Ohhhhhh, I love that finish.

1 Like

That is a puzzle. The 18650 protected cells are a little bigger than 1" diameter, 26mm, and this says in its case is 1" thick. So either the Amazon size specs are wrong, or we’re beginning to see the 5000mah 16650 18mm which allows 3mm room for the case thickness.

The photos make it look like they are using the latter.

The challenge here would be quality and reliability. I did a quick check and I cannot find for example Panasonic making them, there are other brands I do not recognize offering 5000mah 16650.

If Anker is using 5000mAh 16650 then you’re talking in same form factor as the Powercore 10000 to get 15000mAh, so if that product doesn’t happen might be because the 5000mah cells are hotter when recharging.

Pretty sure I read that they are using LG cells.

I think I figured it out. There is a 20700 from Panasonic and a 21700 from Tesla. With an eye on cost, and where Anker manufactures in Asia, I’m thinking more likely 20700

These are 20mm diameter so you’d get 1" thick with 2 of them to 10000mAh.

That explains the few mm bigger all the dimensions than the Powercore II 6700 which uses two 18650.

10000 redux:

To know which is it, Panasonic 20700 or Tesla 21700 would be to crack one open or Anker tell us. But for now to do something of that size and shape makes sense with either of these.

1 Like

I wonder if a powerbank made with 6-8 if these cells would be ok to fly with.

1 Like

PLEASE Don’t make the fake carbon fiber a thing for future products.

Look what I found. Eye spy a PowerCore+ mini 3350

1 Like

Why? I think the texture looks good and definitely helps with finger smudges.

It’s the 100Wh common upper limit. With the 3400mAh 18650 12.5Wh they didn’t make more 8 cell Powercore which was 26800 products (all the 6 or 7 26800 versions they made).

So say a 21700 or 20700 is a 18.5Wh so up to 5 of these would be <100Wh. Anker tends to go in even numbers, I think because they do 2 in sequence then up in parallel for 4, 6, 8.

The thermal problems go up with size so its no surprise its the smaller mAh first. The “fatter” larger diameter cells alters a flatter 18650 of 8 cells into a fatter 5 cells with a lower surface area so more thermal problems. I am also surprised there is not more Li Poly products with the square sides as then you can make more thermally efficient products.

The next guess is a 15000 and 20000, 3 and 4 cells.

If they made a 2 port 15000 would be a good fit for my needs, I currently carry often a 10000 + 3350 to get both 2 ports and about 13000mAh, the 3350 to do the trickle charge.

1 Like

Actually I thought this was carbon fiber but taking a better look it seems like it’s just a bunch of stripes.

I just feel like fake carbon fiber is overused in the mobile accessory world.

These new PowerCores that have been coming out really have me thinking about replacing my 10400. I have zero reason to, but I really like these new ones.

3 Likes

Glad they have started releasing larger power banks with trickle charge mode.

I agree fake carbon fiber looks tacky on the other hand if Anker were to make a powerbank made out of actual carbon fiber that would be awesome but might retain too much heat🤔

Do it​:smiling_imp::fire:. :joy:

1 Like

If Anker has found a 20700 or 21700 from Panasonic, Samsung or Tesla they find reliable then as its only slightly bigger than the 18650 they have been using for years, then that implies over the next year these refresh:

• LC40. More battery life, a little wider and longer.
  • Mini+ become 5000mAh
  • 5000 becomes smaller. (and so 5000mAh becomes now the “lipstick” entry level)
  • 10000 form factor becomes a little bigger and 15000
  • 13000 form factor becomes a little bigger and 20000
  • not sure how they would do it but a 26800 made up of 5 cells which would a different shape more square than the current 26800.

As to this fake carbon, if is made of the casing I have on my existing II 6700 then it would be thermally more efficient for radiation and convection but not conduction, so if left to itself it would cool faster but it would not feel as hot. Ridges increase the surface area with air for convection and radiation but as you’d be touching the top of the ridges it would feel cooler to touch.

I am still puzzled why we’re not seeing Li Poly products. Cost? Remember what two cylinders, do, there is volume within the case which is simply air.