[New Release] PowerPort Mini | Anker’s Most Compact Wall Charger Ever!

Anker’s latest wall charger is their smallest and lightest ever… Introducing PowerPort Mini!

Key Features

• Exclusive Technology: Anker’s world-famous PowerIQ detects your devices and adjusts voltage output accordingly, delivering a tailored, optimized charge.
  • Simultaneous Charging: Charge any 2 devices at the same time; phones, tablets, headphones, portable chargers, and more.
  • Travel Ready: Smaller than a golf ball, and equipped with a foldable plug, this charger is the ultimate travel companion.
  • Superior Safety: Anker’s MultiProtect 11-point safety system provides all-round protection for you and your devices.
  • What You Get: PowerPort mini compact wall chargers, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Not only is PowerPort Mini compact, it’s also very light! Weighing in at just 1.28oz, PowerPort Mini is less than half the weight of PowerPort II 2, while being half as powerful!

Unfortunately, a few sacrifices have been made in order to achieve this level of portability. First, the maximum power output is just 12W (down from the usual 24W). Also, there is no LED indicator. Fortunately, though, the foldable plug remains!

So… While this is nice to see, it’s not what was teased in @AnkerTechnical’s post, as the functionality is much more limited than Anker’s other dual port wall chargers. If their engineering team decides to move forward with cutting edge processes that allow the same power in a smaller and lighter package, expect 24W, an LED, and a price closer to $16. There have also been countless requests for USB-C PD, so don’t be surprised to see a version with that, as well. Of course, this would likely result in slightly less portable and more expensive device.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerPort Mini is available to order right now via Amazon US for a cost of $11.99 and should begin shipping by August 24.

A 2-Pack is also being sold for $15.99. However, stock is limited at the moment and it does not yet support Amazon Prime.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s latest, smallest, and lightest wall charger? Is this something you would consider trying out? Let us know everything you’re thinking by replying!

11 Likes

Ok, this might just replace the PowerPort 2 Elite when I travel.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I would like to get one as my travel essential. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this for a while!!! Yayyyyyy

3 Likes

I know @nigelhealy will like this!

4 Likes

would love to get one if there is a UK version :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks 4 sharing! It is perfect for travel! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Cute! And, for that price, basically an impulse buy. :grin:

I have a few dual-port PowerPorts and one four-port I use for travel. I would totally buy a couple of the Minis just to have around. The lower power output doesn’t bother me.

1 Like

Great, good price, good quality.

1 Like

I own 3 which look extremely similar from non-Anker. I do not use these as primary but more a spare / backup, if I’m doing a long USA-centric trip I might take a Anker Powerport2 + one of these smaller ones so I got some diversity just in case of failure rather than one 4-port.

The weakest part of this shape design is the pins flip out are short and so the charger tends to fall out of a socket like say aircraft in-seat sockets with cables knocking around your legs. To solve that I may use say a Powerport5 instead if am spending a long time on a flight, or I just carry a bigger Powercore instead and recharge overnight.

2 Likes

Nice find and thanks for sharing. I need to get one of those for my travel gear and my traveling office gear. This looks to be slightly smaller and lighter than my other other Anker one.

1 Like

Would be better with foldable end and led light! :disappointed::worried:Still alot compact than mine though :smile::smile::sunglasses::open_mouth:
PLEASE ADD A LED AND MAKE IT FOLDABLE ANKER :pray:

1 Like

They removed the LED to make the unit smaller. As for the folding plug; it’s already been mentioned in @joshuad11’s post as well as the Amazon page that he linked to that the plug is foldable.

Travel Ready: Smaller than a golf ball, and equipped with a foldable plug, this charger is the ultimate travel companion.

3 Likes

UPDATE:

https://amazon.com/dp/B07DFWKBF7

1 Like

Any plans for a black version?

2 Likes

Is the mini charger as SAFE as larger Anker chargers, such as the PowerPort II 2? For example, does the mini charger have separate circuit boards for mains circuit board and for low voltage, with good isolation between them, like the Aukey version HERE?

I know the mini charger is only 12W, but it is far smaller than similar Anker chargers, including the “PowerPort+ 1 with QC 3.0” model that has just 18W and only one USB port.

1 Like

Safe, I expect so, but there is a difference of if you charged at 12W say a Powercore (most of them input at 12W) this smaller charger would be at 100% load and feel hotter to touch than say a 24W charger which is at 50% load.

Personally I carry the powerport II 2 as a regular use charger and when on longer trips a 12W as a backup. That gives me 3 ports but I recharge lower power buds off the 12W to keep things cooler.

2 Likes