[New Release] PowerPort Atom III Slim 45W (One Port) is Now Available!

Anker has just released its second slim wall charger… Take a look at PowerPort Atom III Slim 45W (One Port)!

Features & details

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Ultra-Thin: Measuring less than 0.8 inches thick and with a folding plug design, PowerPort Atom III 45W Slim offers unprecedented portability and convenience for a wall charger this powerful.
  • High-Speed and Ultra-Compatible: A single USB-C port is packed with 45W of power to charge USB-C laptops at high-speed, while our proprietary PowerIQ 3.0 technology ensures optimized charging to a greater range of devices than ever before.
  • Powered by GaN: Swapping out silicon for gallium nitride (GaN) has allowed us to take our world-famous charging technology and shrink it way down.
  • What You Get: PowerPort Atom III 45W Slim USB-C wall charger, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and great customer service. (Cable not included)
  • Product Dimensions: 3.3 * 2 * 0.8 inches (about 53% larger than the existing PowerPort Atom III Slim 30W (One Port) :sob:)

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerPort Atom III Slim 45W (One Port) is available to order now from amazon.com for $37.99 and should begin shipping immediately.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s second slim wall charger? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

I would like to see a version with dual ports on the sides.

4 Likes

I like the look and design, but only 1 port!

Users – majority of them, have at-least 2 devices - 1 laptop / ipad & 1 phone (iPhone / Android)… and prefer to have 2 ports at a minimum to charge them / power them at same time…

2 Likes

interesting!!! thanks for sharing! :+1::+1::ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

I wish I could use something like this with my wakey. That giant brick makes my night stand stick out quite far.

2 Likes

Folding pins is good.

But I shy away from single port charger. The devices usually come with single port chargers and I immediately put them in the draw and go out with dual-port chargers. I typically need 3 to 4 ports, for phone, buds, Powercore = 3, add tablet = 4. So I typically take the 36W 2x18W port and the dual port 12W, to charge my tablet+Powercore and phone+buds. The only single-port charger I can think I got was a 60W PD for my laptop.

Very few people have one device.

Possibly with more Wireless recharging phone/buds and wireless output tablet to recharge phone / buds, you may find people just carry their tablet charger, but that’s a way off.

What would be cool is if this was the same size, or the tiny fraction bigger required for a 2nd port and for it to intelligently load-balance share the power across two ports. Then it’s a wow product worthwhile paying.

3 Likes

I had the same problem with my Wakey.
In the end I put a 2 gang extension lead in the socket and ran the Wakey from that.

Looks good and decent size, but as a few have said, it lacking at least a 2nd port.

2 Likes

Anker should really move away from this bulky power adapter with DC Input socket – move to USB-C… Wakey, new PowerWave Wireless charging pad, Rave Mini, Model Zero ( and lot more, which I may have missed here !!!) – a lot of scope for improvement :+1:

2 Likes

Definitely @Shenoy 100%

3 Likes

So, whats new then, just one port and bulky design compared to existing model? I wish they made it a fusion, I didn’t like the Fusion III design too, that’s another brick but you get 5000mah with that.

2 Likes

The output is now 45W! (up from 30W).

That would have been much better!

2 Likes

Looks like multiple ports is a popular request :laughing: I’ll keep it in mind and forward it to our support team!

3 Likes

I have two of the PowerPort Atom III Slim 30W. Great form factor and speed.

But like the others said, if it had two C ports totaling 48W and maintain the size, it would be a sure winner.

2 Likes

Yes definitely a popular request because it saves space and makes the most use of one outlet

2 Likes

UPDATE

Anker’s PowerPort Atom III Slim 45W (One Port) is now available to order from amazon.com for $37.99 and should begin shipping immediately.

1 Like

The irony is we could just point you to your own video

Here the reasons why not to have a single port charger is obvious.

User Anker Instead!

I prefer to use a portable charger then recharge it offline. I don’t use a handbag to convey my message.

This last video contains an obvious error.

He is given a 1-port charger then is shown charging laptop and Nintendo and phone. He’d obviously need 3 ports, not 1 port. Personally in this situation I’d have a dual-port and recharge laptop and a Powercore, then use the Powercore to recharge the phone, etc, later, because I ingest energy faster that way.

So dual ports become a frequent minimum. Single ports as your own videos show create as many problems as they solve.

If you put all the videos together you come to conclusion of own a dual-port charger and a Powercore.

1 Like

Are you sure?

3.31×1.97×.75÷2.95÷1.81÷.63 = 1.45

So 45% bigger.

2 Likes

@professor, I am going off of the 0.79” thickness that is mentioned several times throughout the product description.