[New Release] PowerExpand+ 7-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock Now Available!

Announced at CES in January, Anker has just released PowerExpand+ 7-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock… Take a look!

Features & details

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 55 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Comprehensive Connectivity: Equipped with a Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port, USB-C and USB-A data ports, an HDMI port, Ethernet port, and SD card/microSD card slots—all in a single compact device.
  • Powerful Charging: Connect the included AC power cord to the wall and connect the Thunderbolt 3 port to your laptop to provide a charge up to 45W.
  • High-Speed, High-Def: USB-C and USB-A data ports provide file transfer at speeds up to 10 Gbps, while SD and microSD card slots allow you to manage your photos at up to 312MB/s. An HDMI port supports media display at resolutions up to 4K@60Hz.
  • What You Get: PowerExpand+ 7-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock, AC power cord, 2.3 ft Thunderbolt 3 cable, welcome guide, worry-free 18-month warranty, and our friendly customer service.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerExpand+ 7-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock is available to order now from amazon.com for $199.99 and should begin shipping immediately.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s latest Thunderbolt 3 dock? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

6 Likes

Looks great, good product to reduce clutter on desk with the docking station… but… $$$ … will wait on a good discount or testing :wink:

thanks for sharing @Insider

1 Like

Would like to try it under LINUX!

2 Likes

If launch is $199 then in 1-2 weeks it’s $160-$165, and if no rush eventually you’ll see it for $120.

I still think $120 is a lot for a docking station but I know folks dealing with large media files, raw 4K images, etc, will think it worth it to save hours waiting for file copying.

1 Like

I don’t think you have a thunderbolt enabled device?

Huh? How can it be thunderbolt and 10Gbit?

1 Like

Yeeeeouch!!! That is a steep price.

1 Like

Nice looking thing a little pricey

1 Like

Too pricey for my tastes

2 Likes

Wow $200! :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Not as much as its bigger brother! :wink:

1 Like

Those prices seem way too high to me :exploding_head:

1 Like

You have to look at comparable products.

1 Like

How can 10Gbps be Thunderbolt?

So 40Gbps comes in, two 10Gbps out and the SD slots.

2 Likes

Thats true at the moment, but my be will get one.

True, I’m not that informed when it comes to prices of similar products so that’s why it seemed very expensive to me

2 Likes

Some of what Anker’s website has changed makes more sense.

There has been a noticeable discount, bundling, of chargers and powerbanks, the revenue from these seems low, which it was usually low anyway around the $30 level, but now that gets you 60W rather than 24W.

I imagine, these hubs at these prices are seen by some within Anker as their next big money earner.

I don’t get it though. Who’d buy a minimalist laptop then buy an expensive big hub.

2 Likes

Glad I don’t need spend extra $200 bucks, I may just settle with a regular 8-in-1 dock with dual HDMI/DP out.

1 Like

UPDATE

Anker’s PowerExpand+ 7-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock is now available to order from amazon.com for $199.99 and should begin shipping immediately.

That is strange. I believe ThunderBolt 1 only supported 10Gbps, but this dock is advertising itself as ThunderBolt 3…

@AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical would you mind forwarding our question to the proper team?

1 Like

I’m going to take a stab in the dark here and say the thunderbolt link is 40gbps where the usb on the dock is only 10gbps over the 40gbps link. You have to account for the other streams going through the link as well, such a video and a possible second display.

The part Anker is going to have trouble with is that other docks with a proven track record exist. And they’re regularly on sale for $230. The Caldigit ts3+ is what I use.

The thunderbolt dock scene is full of docks, and most of them have small issues on the best days. The rest have much larger issues. There’s only a few that are really any good. You may find unique combinations that work well, like a dell dock that works well with a dell computer, but finding a dock that works well on a dell and a Mac, for example, is much more difficult.

1 Like