[New Release] PowerCore Slim 10000 PD | Anker’s First Slim Portable Charger with Power Delivery is Now Available

That is great, I could use one of those.

2 Likes

My 3 year old regularly used Powercore Slim 5000 is dying, it is bulging in the middle and going flat noticeably quicker. Got my money’s worth from it, delivered Sept 2016.

So it makes a hole in my kit which is a slim pocket powercore. Own the Mini+ but its not got enough energy to survive the day, the 6700+ and 10000 are not pocket friendly. My options are to buy the exact same Slim 5000 or buy one of the the slab-shaped 10000 types. Which is thinnest lightest?

My bag stored Powercore is amply stocked, its jacket pocket problem only to solve.

2 Likes

The Slim 5000 is significantly thinner and lighter than the Slim 10000s.

1 Like

Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 PD is the thinnest lightest? It seems so looking at the Amazon quoted weights.

2 Likes

That I cannot tell you. As you know, Anker’s listings are often wrong. My instinct tells me PowerCore Slim 10000 PD should be the heaviest of the PowerCore Slim 10000s, but I am not sure.

2 Likes

My instinct is similar, the more wattage, the more the size of the electronics. They all appear the same 1.4cm thick.

2 Likes

So far this product is a let down.

Does not recharge quickly off IQ3, does not recharge quickly off IQ. It seems to require PD.

2 Likes

I thought IQ3 was supposed to simulate PD.?.?

2 Likes

Strange! What charger with IQ3 did you try?

1 Like

I bought this and was deported yesterday.

1 Like

There is an IQ3 on the Powerport Atom III 2 port and it does not fast charge the Powercore 10000 PD Slim.

Since, then the “Anker Wall Charger USB C, 30W 2-Port Compact USB C Charger with 18W Power Delivery and 12W PowerIQ, PowerPort PD 2” does fast charge.

Also the Powerport 5 PD works.

The Powerport 10 does not work. So IQ and IQ3 do not work with Powercore 10000 PD. Only my 18W PD port on the Powerport PD 2 and the 30W port on the Powerport 5 PD works.

This hit’n’miss is disappointing, different Anker products do not work with each other. IQ3 is not really what it claims.

Now I know this, the Powercore 10000 PD Slim is in my jacket pocket for long days out moving and I recharge it on the Powerport PD 2 at night in my travel bag and my Powerport 5 PD at home.

The Powercore 10000 PD (non Slim) works better with a range of chargers, it will probably therefore be my non-pocket portable charger.

These two combined do need Anker to make a double 18W or a triple socket Powerport for UK sockets. Now I know IQ3 is not that clever in fact, it makes me inclined to stop buying Anker products as they are too hit’n’miss.

2 Likes

If anyone’s interested I’ve done a mini review of the Powercore Slim 10000 PD.

1 Like