[New Release] PowerCore III Fusion 5000 | Anker’s Smallest Portable Charger with Power Delivery is Now Available!

Anker is preparing to release its smallest portable charger with Power Delivery… Take a look at PowerCore III Fusion 5000!

Features & details

• Power For Every Situation: One device is all you need to power your phone or tablet anywhere—whether at home or on-the-road. Plug into an outlet to charge phones and tablets at high-speed via the 18W USB-C port, or get a full charge for your phone away from the wall.
  • Simultaneous Charging: Equipped with both an 18W USB-C port and a 12W USB-A port to support charging to dual devices at the same time. Note: Both ports share a 15W total output.
  • Superior Safety: Our exclusive MultiProtect safety system combines overvoltage protection, temperature control, and more so you can charge with total peace of mind.
  • Rapid Recharge: Plug into a wall outlet to fully recharge the internal battery in just over 2½ hours.
  • Product Dimensions: 3.1 * 1.2 * 2.8 inches (about 10% larger than the existing PowerCore Fusion 5000 :sob:)
  • Item Weight: 8.8 ounces (very similar to the existing PowerCore Fusion 5000 PD :sob:)

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerCore III Fusion 5000 is available to order now from amazon.com for $39.99 (plus $3.99 shipping at the moment) and should begin shipping immediately.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s smallest portable charger with Power Delivery? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Insider – another of your exclusives!!

I am no expert, but this is my take on responses to your questions :smiley: (and I may be extremely be wrong :rofl: )

• Can the USB-C port be used for input? – I dont’t think so!
  • Can the USB-C port output Power Delivery in battery mode? Yes - this would be good,
  • What are the dimensions and weight? Dimensions look same size as PowerPort Atom III (2 ports) , weight may be 6.5 to 7 Oz
  • Could we not have squeezed in a 6700 mAh battery? - Possible, if they use GaN, add more battery space.
  • Why call this PowerCore III when it doesn’t have PowerIQ 3.0? Why doesn’t it have PowerIQ 3.0? – Naming Convention from Anker :wink:
  • Why a USB-A port? Someone out there still have a lot of USB-A charging cables for smartphones :smiley:
  • Does this use Gallium Nitride? Yes (very wishful - helps reduce the size and squeeze in more battery space)
  • What will the price be? $79
2 Likes

So what you’re saying is that this is a very similar product to previous releases?

Anker really needs to get things together. Everything seems so disorganised.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing… more hybrids/fusion types are coming… good thing

1 Like

Baffling combination.

Anything needing more than 5V 2A 10W, so needing the PD, will have a lot more power demands than 5000mAh.

You hit the nail on the head, considering the original Fusion was shipping over 3 years ago, it was out January 2017, you cannot get better technology in either a smaller size, weight or more than 5000mAh within?

They also need to ship international version which takes the US folding pin and slide on EU or UK plugs on to make it a truly travel all-in-1.

2 Likes

now instead of 4 led power wheel I want to see a real lcd showing real % remaining
if it adds power in/out or other info it will be great

1 Like

Well, if it’s like the current version, the USB-C port might not support Power Delivery in battery mode. However, just because a device doesn’t need PD doesn’t mean it can’t be beneficial, but I know what you mean.

And yes, I am very disappointed in the size and weight of this and the other charger I posted about today.

That’s one thing missing on all Anker’s Power banks. None of them show that actual charge left or power in/out into, while many other brands are doing this fancy stuff already.

Devil’s advocate. You use a Powercore when you can and use it as much as you can, and you recharge it whenever you can. So knowing the amount of charge they have is irrelevant because it’s not like you’d not use when its charge is low and also you’d not take an opportunity to recharge it.

So what would you actually do any different knowing the charge level?

1 Like

example- one dot out of 4 could be 1%-25% remaining charge. If I’m in rush and know it is 25% charged I will have more confidence to use it. With dots I don’t get that confidence.

1 Like

Why would it be only 25% charged?

If you had power needs which caused something to be only 25% charged, then you need a bigger Powercore.

I never look at the charge, I only look to see if its fully recharged yet. The only way something was, say, 25% charged and that was a problem, then its because a very unplanned day had just occurred. I leave house with fully charged phone and 10000 mAh Powercore and I use the Powercore and then put it on charge. If it’s not yet recharged, I take the other 10000 mAh Powercore I have. I never make a decision based on the charge level as that’s kind of saying I am not prepared.

I use meters to test items work fully, usually cables, but that’s infrequent. I am struggling to think of any time I pressed a powercore button to see its charge level. I only look to see if its fully charged yet.

1 Like

as i said for example same goes with 25-50% and other increments. A lcd with precise charge level will be much appreciated.
It is not that difficult to do. RavPower and many others are doing it already
on a side note, it may not be an issue with larger powerbanks but for smaller more prone to go out with you knowing precise charge level is useful

1 Like

Own two? Swap. They are cheap as chips $20 type.

The Fusion 5000 I bought, I think 3 in total overall, gave them all away. They were what I gave to non-geeks who had tra-la-la forgetful minds who’d not recharge Powercore I’d given them, so I secretly snuck in the Fusion taking away their Powerport and Powercore so the Fusion secretly recharged itself without them having to remember.

But for myself I’d have a Powerport, powercore, and size them to never be so empty it would need me to look or care, also known as over-engineered my solution. Roughly a Powercore 10000 is the same size as the Fusion 5000. The 10000mAh would last me all day and recharge fully overnight.

1 Like

I personally use my fusion everyday, I am using it right now. It is one of my favorite pieces of tech. I wouldn’t have any use for the usb-c port, but many others could use it, it is definitely a welcome addition.

2 Likes

Haha, you have no use for the USB-C port (yet), and I have no use for the USB-A port!

3 Likes

Looking forward to hearing more specs like output and price!
But overall I like it

1 Like

Its because I’m a cheapskate. I’ve never even paid more than $50 for a phone and that is the one I am currently using. Usually I pay about $30-40 for my phones and I use them until they stop working.

2 Likes

I have the PowerCore Fusion PD version that you can only find at Best Buy and Apple. It has a 30W output via PD which is enough to charge my macbook under 3 hours. But instead of a bigger batter, I’d like to see it be a 60W output via PD. I do like Hybrid model because when charging my phone I can unplug and it will keep charging and I can be more mobile and not be stuck to the wall. It was expensive but I like it and will help when I go to the office. It does have GaN tech built in and about the same size as the apple PD charger.

1 Like

No shame in that! Just out of curiosity, do you buy older, used phones or really cheap new ones?

1 Like

Those are conflicting interests. This would likely have to be much larger to support 60W output, and it wouldn’t make a difference in battery mode. You’d be better off just getting a dedicated wall charger with 60W output.

1 Like