[New Release] PowerCore 10000 Wireless | Anker’s First Portable Charger with Wireless Charging is Now Available!

Anker has just released its first portable charger with wireless charging… Take a look at PowerCore 10000 Wireless!

Features & details

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Wireless Charging, Anywhere: With PowerCore, simply place your Qi-certified phone or accessory on the center of the pad for an easy wireless charge up to 5W.
  • Simultaneous Charging: Get a 5W wireless charge for your phone or wireless earbuds while charging another device via one of two 12W USB ports. (12W total max output)
  • Charge While Recharging: Connect PowerCore’s USB-C input port to a wall charger and still get a wireless charge for your phone at the same time.
  • What You Get: PowerCore 10K Wireless, USB-A to USB-C cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and great customer service. (Wall charger not included)

Note: This does not support USB-C output, fast charging, fast wireless charging, or wireless charging input. For these reasons and more, @Insider recommends against this product for most people.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerCore 10000 Wireless is available to order now from amazon.com for $35.99 (plus $3.99 shipping at the moment) and should begin shipping on May 15.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s first portable charger with wireless charging? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

8 Likes

It has a USB-C input port. It can’t be that hard to allow the same port to have an output- right?

As cool as a product like this seems in concept, it’s not the practical.

2 Likes

It is a good start!!! Glad to see Anker finally in the Portable Wireless Charging PowerBank,

Hopefully, as we go along, the shortcomings listed (No USB-C Output, fast Charging, Wireless Charging Input) are made available.

3 Likes

Nice product but it think I’m gonna pass till we have one with all that and usb c output

1 Like

Do you agree with me; are those noteworthy shortcomings?!

1 Like

I agree with you, USB-C Output and fast charging, are things I would have liked to see.

This may be a market feeler kind of product, checking for wireless powerbank appetite in the market, before they introduce other features,

1 Like

I raise an eyebrow at the pass-thru claim of recharging itself and output Qi power, that would create more heat. I’d need to see a meter test. Skeptical.

So if its $36 now, we’d expect the “normal discount” around $29 probably around a month from now.

The inevitability of this product’s existence we discussed 5 weeks ago

The 5W Qi is not a surprise, the thermal issues of wireless with a battery makes it an obvious spec. The disappointment is that not taken, say, the 10000 PD Slim electronics as the basis as that’s 18W in and 18W out. I’d be willing to accept a slower total Wattage when wireless in use, even if it were decided by a thermal sensor, so total Wattage drops as heat builds. e.g. 18W when wired only, falling to say 10W wired out when the 5W wireless is used.

I can see this selling well, despite shortcomings as someone could buy this only and use it by bed at night and at desk through the day. 10Ah is enough for almost everyone to get 2 full phone recharges so it’s likely not empty at end each day so it’s slower recharge time is probably not going to be important for many as its happening overnight.

Cost of two wireless chargers for bed / desk and a Powercore will cost more than this product, so I can see people buying it as the one thing they need, a bedside wired charger and just this one product as totality of their solution.

If they take my thermal regulation idea, you could for example output 7.5W wireless initially and as heat builds then drop it, so you’d get a faster charge initially. That would suit many people who pick up / put down the phone and get a useful recharge in a few minutes each time.

Anker if you want to bounce ideas off me…

4 Likes

Hmm I could use this, even though it has its shortcomings just the wireless charging is helpful for now.

1 Like

The next step in this evolution is zero ports, so Anker needs to add wireless charging input. In my opinion, this shouldn’t be pitched as a wireless device if you still need a cable to use it.

Well I could be proved wrong but I doubt that feature will be that important as people will always have a wire, e.g. a wire to the wireless charger. I just see it getting plugged in at end of the day otherwise the person only owns this and never carry a wire.

They did my pass-thru idea which means it is wired recharged while outputting. Pass-thru allows it to tolerate a slower recharge (it just needs to be less than 8 hours). If you have it wireless recharged then you’d ditch the pass-thru idea and need a dual-side wireless charger to put phone and this item on next to each other. That then makes the total cost as you’re buying this and a dual Qi charger, vs if you keep it wired charged with pass-thru you only need this.

1 Like

True, but let’s remember why wireless charging even exists. It’s not faster; it’s more convenient. People don’t want to have to deal with wires. Simply having one wireless charger (dual pad or whatever) with a cable that you never have to unplug is more convenient. There’s virtually no difference between this product in its current state and just plugging in your phone instead. Both require moving a wire… just my thoughts.

Is it? With wired, yes, but I’m curious as to how much capacity is lost in the transfer with wireless due to additional heat.

1 Like

The most import efficiency is the wireless output one as that robs you of the 10000mAh.

A typical good wired output efficiency is in the 90%-95% range. Wireless is 75%-80% from what I read (a test is required to know for this product).

So 10000mAh output wired becomes 9000 -9500mAh is going become 7500-8000mAh, so lose about 1500mAh which equates to about 1/3rd of a phone recharge on a typical phone.

Efficiency of Qi normally is moot as it’s wired to Qi, so you can be less efficient with little impact, but efficiency of this product matters more for two reasons of you want the least heat and waste the least of a fixed energy capacity.

This is why I suspect its 5W as the lower the Wattage the less energy wasted and less heat.

I remain skepital of the pass-thru, I wonder if it recharges your phone at 5W and once that drops then it recharges itself, like the Fusion 5000 does to keep the heat lower to protect the cells.

2 Likes

This makes no sense to me. This means that you can only charge the wireless charger with another wireless charger. So if you take this on a trip, then you have to take ANOTHER wireless charger to charge this wireless charger. For charging a charger, I’d rather rely on a cable than another wireless charger. A wire is much less cumbersome to carry than another charger.

2 Likes

With this product, you’re able to see a phone user own:

• one wired charger at home, by bedside typically, with a cable
  • one travel wired charger, with a cable
  • this product
    carr
    So someone who likes Wireless owns fewer wireless chargers and so when they do the comparison of their purchase options, they’ll conclude this is good value.

As it is pass-thru, it’s performance is much less important, you don’t care it is only 10W input and takes 6 hours, you only care you wake to a charged phone and this product fully recharged.

Where I see the biggest weakness is the cable type you’d buy. If this was USB-C in and out you’d carry one C-C travel cable and bedside C charger. Anker making this not C output means someone wanting a faster phone charge must carry a A-C cable and probably therefore carry an A port charger. That’s the biggest idiocy for 2020 to do that.

2 Likes

I definitely think it could use some improvements, but it is definitely something that a lot of people could still use. It isn’t really the device for me though, I have never even had a wireless charging phone.

2 Likes

I thought wired was only 60–70% efficient with portable chargers? So that would make wireless about 50%?

May be @Ankerofficial can have this product for the next “We Love Testing” event, I would love to test it and answer your question there :wink:

2 Likes

I was referring to a setup for someone who doesn’t travel… You’d still want an input port if you were going to be traveling with it.

If you’d rather rely on a cable for your portable charger, then why not rely on a cable for your phone?!

This would be a great product for the next @AnkerTechnical test!

2 Likes

I owned a wireless charged phone around 2014 and I was sold on the convenience, a wireless charger at office desk and one at home was mostly all I needed, the pick-up/down periods through the day and evening gives ample time to keep phone charged.

What this does is allow you to basically only own this, because the pick-up/down becomes portable, so on a train / plane, etc. 10000mAh is enough for a very busy day, towards 2 days.

The challenge with this product comes if its more than a phone you own, like larger tablet, you’d not be able to recharge the bigger battery fast enough.

So long as it’s just a phone, I think this will sell extremely well. A perfect gift, complement to someone buying a wireless charged phone, they’d buy this and two chargers, one for home, one for travel.

I don’t own a wireless charged phone now and probably not in 2020 but it would probably in whatever phone I get 2021.

2 Likes