[New Release] Nebula Mars is on Amazon!

The cheaper model has just went up for sale on Amazon. It’s $599.

Although details are scarce, more information will most certainly be coming in the next few days.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-AK-D2311111-portable-projector/dp/B071XNX18X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499307874&sr=8-1&keywords=Anker&refinements=p_89%3AAnker

I have one question for anyone: this is the first time I have seen this product listed on Amazon, although in the product information section, it says that it’s been available on Amazon since April 12. I’m assuming it was unavailable for purchase from April 12 until today, but does anyone know how to view products that aren’t necessarily in stock? Thanks!

2 Likes

If you want to know more information, you can see this video! :grin:

2 Likes

Is she the only one that has it?
When will the $3000 model be released?

Not entirely certain, as I am not an Amazon seller but I would think that when you list your item you would be able to list any date available from. As for ‘out of stock items’, this can be done once you are within a category. For example, search for Anker on amazon.com, then select say Electronics as category. Once in the category scroll to the bottom of the category pane on the left, out of stock option is now included;

As for Krystal, my guess, she had a advance model due to her YouTube following…

1 Like

I have seen that before items you can’t find then they can be found to then show they were for months.

I love that after shelling out $599 buckaroos , you also have to pay $3.99 for shipping, get the nickel and dimes in! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Can’t believe I had to watch that whole video just to get to the nebula… :cry:

2 Likes

I’m more against the $599… :anguished: …with the features on the FCC filing (unless changed) I don’t see how they are going to get a good foothold in the home market until the prices are far under more established competitors that offer higher lumens / specs.

Say around $399.

1 Like

30 seconds of the mattress episode and I was using the scroll bar… I mean it’s a memory foam mattress did she not expect it to be compact when delivered and then expand once opened :confused: :confounded:

1 Like

The link I provided skipped to the right part. I gotcha covered :wink:

3 thoughts.

1. first world problems.
  2. guys, clickbait.
  3. Everytime you get on and off a bed the headboard moves, so which is why headboards exist as they hold everything off the wall so if you put a Nebula on the headboard it will fall off and/or rub the wall or snatch and break.

I remember when the family 12" B&W moved to 14" colour, but I still needed a coat to queue at the phone box.

2 Likes

Sell to TOBEM.
Then to everyone else. Wait.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think this video is a fair introduction for people who wants a projector in their bedroom. :grin:

But it’s way overpriced!!! Yikes

New Amazon listing with specs:
Nebula Mars Portable Cinema, Home Theater, Multi-media Player, 150 inches HD, 2500 Lumens, 4K supported, 3D, WIFI Projector with Dual 10W Speakers, 3 Hours Battery Life, DLP for Movies, Gaming https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073P3JHTH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_JQ3xzbVTP0G73

@ndalby

1 Like

Thanks, the official specs are quite different from the ones hinted at in FCC.

1 Like

I was kinda enthralled by the mattress. She had so much enthusiasm. I’m lying if I didn’t google a Casper mattress after. Oops.

1 Like

1280 x 800 true resolution…but it says 4K supported. Of course, it downgrades 4K to its true resolution of 1280 x 800. What a joke!

It has to be 1080p at the very least especially at that price point. 600 can get you a 65 inch 4K TV these days, really doesn’t make sense for something like this to cost so much and offer so less. 300 dollars is more reasonable but even at that price the resolution is a joke.

1 Like

Good catch on the updated specs, haven’t been on the net much today / yesterday. Thought with the use of Android in the FCC notes that there would be some sort of internal media player / update capabilities (like the Roav dashcam). Speakers don’t seem overly bad for a portable but the price vs specs still doesn’t sit right for me…

2500 lumens for clear daytime viewing at 150" and 4k downgrade res, hmm :thinking:

1 Like

So I’m very ignorant on projectors, TVs, etc, so I did a little digging and the Nebula does seem quite a set of compromises.

The usual problems with projectors is it is a compromise between brightness and fan noise. A TV / monitor spreads the by-product heat of making light over the whole surface of the display, which allows it to use passive cooling, while a projector makes all that light in one small area, and often is actively cooled with often quite a noise. This Nebula projector appears an active cooling version mentioning the fan so what is the noise from the fan? The manual talks about what it will do when overheating.

Also as far as I tell on the lumens side you can get a lot more brightness and a 55" TV with 8x the amount of pixels is still less cost than the projector.

I don’t know how the Nebula compares to other projectors, in its peer group, but relative to just a big flat TV it does seem poor value.

This makes me think this is more about portability, than say in a bedroom. The use of a battery for example, so I’m thinking say business meetings, or say campiing where you hang a sheet off back of caravan or from tree branch. When you think in those terms of more outdoors (its not waterproof) situations then it falls more into a uniqueness category, which then may justify its price?