[New Release] Eufy Security 2K UHD Video Doorbell

According to FCC it’s running 2.4G WIFI so I would think it could be possible but from the lack of advertising of using with a ‘Homebase’ I’m thinking its going to be more direct with the Eufy Security app to start with…

Perhaps @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical can confirm?

1 Like

Looks like there is a little more information for the doorbell on their advertisement page https://www.eufylife.com/eufycam2_signup?search=masterbanner&keywords=1_eufycam2us_190612

Also confirms the 4GB of storage:

“What is being recorded and why? Keep a record of everyone who comes to your house and know it’s secure. Secure local 4GB storage that can be relied upon. Automatically save activity footage with peace of mind. No concerns over data leakage or having it stolen.”

1 Like

I already have the Ring Pro but I’m still thinking about getting this to replace it. Gonna do some research first, then purchase if it meets/exceeds expectations. I just worked a gang load of overtime hours, so got that money burning a hole in my pocket!

1 Like

Hmmm…that page also says “180 days battery”…I thought this was powered via existing doorbell wires. That’s kind of confusing. If it’s battery powered, going to have to return it.

2 Likes

Don’t purchase it as a replacement without reviews :confused:. Remember that anker has made bad products too…

Agreed! I will read specs and hopefully there will be some reviews out there. Since I already have a Ring Pro I would love to do a comparison of the two… just sayin’

1 Like

It says wired on the FCC

Maybe it will be like the non Ring Pro doorbells, with battery or wired installation option.

1 Like

Saw this via Twitter

The company’s latest offering, the Eufy Security Video Doorbell is on sale right now for $112, after you use the promo code SECTDRB2

1 Like

Wonder if a white version is coming out? That would stand out like crazy on my door… haha

2 Likes

@John_Huynh3 BRO!!! I have to tell you many thank yous!!! I saved 48 bucks!!! You should have made a thread on this as other could see it. Thank you my friend!

2 Likes

WHOA! So someone created a thread on this and in one of the post someone mentions it has no night vision! Just cancelled my order!

1 Like

it does have night vision

2 Likes

@Maypo52 I haven’t done my research yet and want to be sure it does have that basic function. I will be purchasing this today if the sale is still on and it meets all my requirements. RESEARCH MODE ON!

1 Like

Do you have any where that says that? I can’t find anything.

1 Like

From their website
“High Definition 2560X1920 resolution, combined with our exceptional night vision technology, ensures video is recorded with crystal-clear quality both day and night.”

4 Likes

4 Likes

I thought black was an odd color choice, especially because it’s not especially small. I really like how sleek the white Simplisafe Video Doorbell looks (though pity that its reviews are mediocre).

1 Like

I was a part of the beta test and since the doorbell is now being sold I guess it’s alright if I post these videos. Here are a couple of videos I made. The first is an unboxing and install (kind of) video. The second video is a look at the app UI. Just some screen captures of what it looks like.

6 Likes

Have you had any other video doorbells before? Curious how this one compares.

I think the biggest complaint with the current generation is responsiveness, false alerts, and of course, video quality could still be improved (hard to do with low voltage of course).

1 Like

Having just installed nest hello I wonder what the operating voltage is?
In the UK wired doorbells seem to work on 6v or 8v including the one nest recommend buying
The problem is that nest hello requires 10v to 24v
Luckily I bought a new chime (the one they recommend) as I ended up wiring the new & old transformers together (primaries in parallel, secondaries in series) to get it to work

The wiring instructions were also in the app and like @Maypo52 the examples didn’t quite match

I’m surprised they made it wired but made the chime unusable so the chime is an oversized PSU and give you a secondary chime that you need to plug in

Would love to try the eufy doorbell to compare it properly but it depends on price if they sell it for in same in GBP as USD then I probably won’t, if it matches the exchange rate I probably will, with the 30% off for being a eufycam backer that would make it £89 ($112) & full price would be £126 ($159)

1 Like