[New Release] Anker PowerPort Atom PD 1 Finally Available!

I’m in the UK where right now, it’s not about where we’re from but where we’re going!! (Brexit, no Brexit… constant repeat… :confused:)

2 Likes

2015 MacBook and later
2016 MacBook Pro and later
2018 MacBook Air and later

Yikes, that is a long time!

1 Like

Waiting for PowerPort Atom PD 2 to convert my setup to USB-C, but a USB-C wireless charger would also be great :smiley:

[quote=“TAcct2557, post:44, topic:65298”]
USB-C wireless charger
[/quote]Check out PowerWave 15 Pad.

1 Like

:open_mouth: How did I not know of this?!

1 Like

birthdays are coming soon so the PowerPort Atom will be on my list.

1 Like

Black please :innocent:

1 Like

A black color option is coming; we just don’t know when…

2 Likes

Ooo black would look nice too

1 Like

Why won’t you take my money? I’ve been waiting since November and now its out of stock! Guess I’ll just keep waiting… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We are preparing the second batch of goods as soon as possible, hoping that it will arrive in early February.:joy:

1 Like

Any news/likely dates for a Euro plug version?

1 Like

Good question. It has more hope that other products as its not a folding pin design, so its literally just solder on different shaped pins.

Note that one way it appears smaller to other products is those other products sometimes have folding pins so the space the pins fold into, the recess is space in the volume added. Some of the comparative products have a swappable pin shape which means you have one core design with country specific slight different variations. Anker has fixed pins so its a different solder + glue step.

I’d guess Europe would be more likely to get a varient than say UK as its a bigger market, or Anker could solve for both markets by a slide-on adapter which would be a little physically bigger. It doesn’t make much sense to do that, it does on a bigger product like a 2 or 4 port where that relative volume of the swappable pins is smaller.

1 Like

Yeah quite a few of the amazon reviews noted the lack of folding pins as a negative vs other chargers that were slightly larger but folded. Also the cube shape vs something flatter didn’t work for some people. I could always use a US:EUR adapter, but by the time that’s added its almost as big as other chargers and has an easy to lose/leave behind part too!

Fingers crossed the Gallium Nitride tech comes to other form factors as well as the announced PowerPort Atom PD 2 and 4; and at least one with swappable plugs or euro pins…

1 Like

Yes, there will be European version coming out soon in February.

3 Likes

This would be a nice “give away” for our small group here over the pond.
I am sure you can arrange something for us. :heart_eyes:

That’s great news! Will it be through Amazon.de? And will you notify on here or somewhere when it is available?

Thanks!

Looks good. Nice to have …

1 Like

[quote=“FinPower, post:58, topic:65298”]
Will it be through Amazon.de?
[/quote]Yes, eventually.[quote=“FinPower, post:58, topic:65298”]
will you notify on here
[/quote]Yes, I’m sure someone will.