[New Release] Anker PowerPort Atom PD 1 Finally Available!

Over a year after its initial announcement, Anker’s PowerPort Atom PD 1 is finally available to order!

Product features

• Small Yet Mighty - The laptop charger that’s the size of a phone charger. A 30W output delivers high-speed charging to Apple phones, tablets, laptops, and all USB-C devices.
  • High-Speed - 2.5× faster than the 5W charger that comes with your iPhone. Charge iPhone 8 and later up to 50% in just 30 minutes.
  • Ultra-Compact - 40% smaller than an out-of-the-box MacBook charger; about the size of a golf ball. Takes up minimal space in any pack or pocket.
  • Powered by GaN - By swapping out silicon for gallium nitride (GaN), we’ve created a higher efficiency charger that generates less heat, allowing our charging technology to be shrunk smaller than ever.
  • What You Get - PowerPort Atom PD 1 wall charger, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Anker’s PowerPort Atom PD 1 is available to order right now via Amazon US for a cost of $29.99, and should begin shipping on January 28.

Are you still waiting for PowerPort Atom PD 2 and/or 4 like I am? Let us know your thoughts down below!

20 Likes

You are a rockstar. I have been waiting for this to be released and was hoping someone knew when. Time to fast charge ALL THE THINGS!!

2 Likes

Was just about to post this as well :grin: Good find @joshuad11

3 Likes

Yay I’m so excited it’s finally realease! Gonna go one my Anker wishlist now!

1 Like

Glad it’s finally available. Now I just need those 3rd party USB-C to Lightning cables to hit the market.

1 Like

Size matters more the bigger you are. Yes I’m waiting for a 60W PD which shares all 60W across 2 PD and 2 non-PD ports. e.g. use just 1 PD port can get 60W, use both PD ports they compete and e.g. get 30W each, use the non-PD ports they take up to 12W each. That would be the perfect travel item, only to be improve upon by when Anker sells only USB-C products, Powercore and Soundcore and then we can get by with just 3 or 4 USB-C only ports.

A wall version and a cabled version.

5 Likes

Well I think this is really a multi purpose device. Very useful !

1 Like

Now that I have a USB-C I want to upgrade some of my wall chargers. I like the size and doesn’t look like it will block off any of the other outlets. Plus its lightweight and won’t add to much space or weight to a travel bag.

2 Likes

Good to see that it is finally being released. I can see Mac laptop users everywhere, doing the happy Anker dance. Especially with all big and bulky those charging bricks are on the laptops. How exciting! And I think the price is actually pretty good. Way to go Anker :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m gonna need a good discount on this, I need 6 of them to replace the massive bricks that are scattered around the house for each of our MacBooks. Let’s see the inlaws need 3, sister in law needs 1 and I need 2… I’m gonna be one broke mofo

1 Like

----------[quote=“elmo41683, post:10, topic:65298”]
[/quote]
+[quote=“elmo41683, post:10, topic:65298”]
[/quote]
+[quote=“elmo41683, post:10, topic:65298”]
[/quote]
=6 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: Looks like you already fixed it. :joy:

Yeah I originally had myself down for 1 but realized I can use 2, 1 to keep at home and 1 to take with me for on the go use

1 Like

So you don’t currently have a need for a dual-port PD wall charger?

Dual I can use, but I can also get by with just a single port. Very rarely do I have two devices charging at the same time via usb-c

1 Like

I know you are joking.

But serious, the home use for existing chargers is not a justification. It is purely for those who are wanting a new charger who are size focused, of which excluding geeks who would buy just for its size, would be travel people out of a small bag. Those people traveling will be solving multiple problems, like charging on long flights in-flight seats, or have brief times non-moving and then want to recharge multiple items (buds, Powercore, etc). SO those people will want a multi-port PD charger.

1 Like

Great!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

1 Like

How long before the rest of the world gets their local plug version, please?! Don’t make us outside the USA wait too long!! :grin:

1 Like

Hopefully not too much longer!

I’m patiently waiting on the PowerPort Atom PD 2. Just wondering how much it will cost though, but I’m sure the price will be worth it since it’s an Anker product :+1:

1 Like

I would guess about $50, but perhaps @AnkerOfficial can provide some insight.

1 Like