[New Release] 4-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub with Individual Switches

Update: Anker’s 4-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub with Individual Switches is be available to order via Amazon US for a cost of $12.99, and should begin shipping on September 17.

Anker is preparing to release another 4-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub, but this is their first with individual switches… Take a look!

Key Features

• Four-in-One: Transform one USB port into 4, letting you plug more in and be more productive.
  • Convenient Control: Individual power switches for each USB port make swapping peripherals a breeze.
  • Universal Compatibility: Optimized to operate flawlessly with almost any USB device.
  • High-Speed Data: Transfer music, movies, or years of photos in seconds with 5 Gbps speeds.
  • What You Get: 4-Switch 4-Port USB Data Hub, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s 4-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub with Individual Switches is be available to order via Amazon US for a cost of $12.99, and should begin shipping on September 17. For reference, Anker’s current 4-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub (without Individual Switches) is selling on Amazon for $9.99 at the time of this post.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s latest data hub? Would you find the individual switches useful? If so, do you want Anker to make a USB-C version? Let us know everything you’re thinking by replying!

4 Likes

I love the look of it … with the blue LED lights. I had something like this awhile back… can’t remember the brand but it crapped out after a short period. I’m sure Anker’s will be wayyyyy better. Only thing that I would like to see with this is perhaps a longer cable. As is, it would be great for mobile users but for desktop users, the length of the cable may be a bit challenging.

1 Like

Do you know if it will have an additional power input so it can power multiple power hungry devices like hard drives?

1 Like

Definitely seems similar to this one:

Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs (HB-UM43) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JX1ZS5O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_uw4yBb804E824

I’ve had this one for a while, and even though it works ok, I noticed that one of the ports seems to work the best when a plug is 2/3 of the way plugged in. The other 3 are fine, though. Can’t wait to try this out!

1 Like

I also have the Sabrent would love to see how the two compare.

1 Like

Can’t say for sure, but there seems to be a micro USB port in the first picture.

1 Like

@joshuad11

Oooh, that would be great. Imagine 4 Power IQ ports, and it just happens to be a USB adapter thing? It would be awesome.

And yes, USB C is a must-have at this point.

2 Likes

Didn’t see that, nice catch. That’s definitely a micro port. Excited for this one.

1 Like

[quote=“paperairplaneguru, post:7, topic:61791”]
Imagine 4 Power IQ ports
[/quote]The ports are not designed for charging. Just 0.5A output each…

Wow! It looks interesting!

1 Like

Like the Powerport cube, a switch for the USB

1 Like

Excited for this. I feel like Anker should make multiple versions. One that plugs into USB C ports and another that gives you more USB C ports.

1 Like

This would be a lot more compelling with USB-C.

1 Like

This product is now technically available, but I’m going to hold off on posting the link to prevent someone from actually buying it…

1 Like

Price has been corrected to $12.99. Available to order now via Amazon US and should begin shipping on September 17.

1 Like

What do people switch off with these types of plugs?

Thumb/hard drives, lights/light strips, fans, speakers, webcams, card readers, mice keyboards, beverage chillers, scrolling led boards, audio equipment & email notifiers are the main USB devices that could benefit from a on off switch.

3 Likes

It’s also available to order from amazon.co.uk :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could the switch cycle between three states?:

• Power only
  • Power & data
  • Off

If I am connecting my device to foreign ports, I’d like power only to avoid any possible data exchange with an evil port, e.g. skimmers or fake ports at airports. If I am connecting foreign devices to my equipment, I’d like to prevent unnecessary device installations, unexpected trust relationships, other auto usb behaviors. By way of example, I see some Android phones, attach in USB, charge only mode by default.

1 Like

Definitely a great idea you should add your idea to the thread below.