New Firmware and updates to App!

Below is published on Kickstarter page and sent to all backers by eufy.
Glad to see these updates.

Dear Backers,

We hope you had a great holiday and a fresh start in 2019. During the holiday, our team has continued working hard to keep up with our timeline for new updates. We’re very excited to share the latest upgrade with you all, especially the improvement on wireless range.

The latest software and App versions:

HomeBase: v1.0.6.7

Camera: v1.7.1

Android App: 1.1.1

iOS App: 1.1.1

Release Notes for the system:

1. Optimized the camera wireless driver to increase the range by 50%.

2. Reduced the latency of live-streaming and recording.

3. Optimized the default Motion Detection sensitivity to detect events earlier.

4. Fixed the bug that in Optimal Surveillance Mode, where the recording would be shorter than what was expected.

Release Notes for the App:

1. Added microphone on/off function.

2. Added reminder when the environment temperature is lower than -20°C, which is the limit of battery operating temperature.

3. Added reminder when the environment temperature is lower than 0°C or higher than 45°C, which is the range of battery charging temperature.

4. Added NAS (RTSP Stream) function. Live stream and triggered videos can be saved to compatible NAS.

5. Displays HomeBase alarm status and allow user to switch off remotely.

6. Enabled Entry Sensor notification in Home Mode by default.

7. Fixed some language issues.

User may go to Google Play or App Store to update the Eufy Security App. The system firmware has been deployed in batches and your system will apply this update automatically when idle, before January 6th.

If you need any assistance, please feel free to contact us or join our community: https://community.anker.com/c/Eufy

Best Regards,

eufy Security Team

3 Likes

Here is the status of my equipment:

HomeBase: v1.0.6.7 updated Dec 27

Camera: v1.7.1 updated Jan 2

iOS App: 1.1.1 updated Jan 3.

Is there a list of compatible NAS units for our EufyCam?

HomeBase: 1.0.6.7

Camera: 1.6.9

iOS App: 1.1.1

How can I update Camera to 1.7.1? Or will it just take some more time?

“Displays HomeBase alarm status and allow user to switch off remotely.”

I have the newest iOS app, 1.1.1_173

I’m not seeing this HomeBase alarm status feature. Where do I find it?

I am logged in as the admin. But will this feature be there for an invited user too, or only admin?

Thank you.

There is no manual/force update as of now. The cameras will update automatically when they are “idle” as per eufy!

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, worked with a bit of patience.

Now I am only waiting for the next update to get NAS access =)

I am waiting for web/portal access so I can view the recordings and download and store them using my computer. I don’t have NAS storage and it may not be worth to buy one just for this purpose.
@AnkerOfficial: Any update when this will be made available?

@Haloweenhamster: Thank you!
I did complete the same survey afterwards and yes, it says Web portal access will be launched in this month. Will wait and see.

So even after all the latest eufyCam firmware, App updates and “Fixes” above, I’m still seeing the following issues with my 3 camera system :

1. Reduced the latency of live-streaming and recording. - Still lagging in recording the first few seconds of an event.

2. Optimized the default Motion Detection sensitivity to detect events earlier. - Still lagging in recording the first few seconds of an event.

3. Downloaded videos are “washed out” or blank for the first few seconds of almost every clip I try. They play perfectly through the App, but seem to be corrupted during the save/download process.

HomeBase V1.0.6.7 Cam V1.7.1 App V1.1.4_178

Send us an email about these issues. We’d love to discuss and troubleshoot further if needbe.

Email: Support@eufylife.com