Nebula projectors... which one to go with in capsule series?

Hello Hello Hello!
Im very much close to buy a nebula projector but stucked on which one to buy?
I am thinking of capsule max, capsule II and Apollo.
Can you guys help me to find a comparision among these based on your user experience? Is cylindrical one better or the shape of apollo?(the sound delivery)
Which one gives better option to enjoy content from my mobile phone directly without any other extra accesory?
Should I consider solar portable wired or wireless?
It would be great to hear from you.

2 Likes

I was gifted this small “ball” called ASTRO some time ago.
There is not much lumen, but it works in a darkened room.
I connected it to an external speaker so it can be used for watching movies so far.
It was expensive in those times and didn’t sell well.

1 Like

Is it working well still? Any changes in picture quality? @Chiquinho

Its working of course and does what its made for.
I don’t use it very often.
The only thing I can tell you about this “toy beamer” :
The battery doesn’t last long.
This was an issue from the very beginning.
The sound from the two tiny inbuilt speakers is really good for this little ball.

1 Like

I can consider this one but you know it is single time investment so why not go with higher versions available. The basic purpose is study and entertainment with good lumen. I watched a lot review videos but Community is great place to find out minute details before buying.
Do you have idea about solar projector wired and witeless? Wired one is not available perhaps on website.
Thank you for your feedback. By the way your cute little 2 friends are amazing.:grin:

2 Likes

@TheSnarkyOne what do you say?

1 Like

I would not go for this ASTRO “toy” if you want a real beamer.
There are better ones available from Nebula,
as you see on the list added to the link I send.
This little Astro is out of stock.
Was not such a big seller, but its a funny item.

I am sure you will get more advices from other friends here,

PS: I tested the little Astro today.
Works!
Now I recharged it, to avoid deep discharging.

The monkeys are “stars” here meanwhile.
They did a lot of very serious testing in the past.
They are honest and not only simple “unpackers” :grin:

2 Likes

Hmm … For my students the real issue is darkness. I can not “arrange” darkness everywhere! So thinking about elder brothers of the Astro Toy.
Not just the Astro, except Nebula Capsule no projector is available on amazon.com . I am seeing currently not available status on each product.
There are many testers available in our community I seek there valuable advices.
What do your star monkeys choose among capsule max, apollo and capsule II ? Please ask them and let me know !

The monkeys never had any access to the other models.
Sorry.

1 Like

from what i’ve seen, most struggle with sufficient battery cap to make it through movies of length (2.5 hrs+)

depends like all other things on need / functions.

i do recall a 4k laser projector recently (18 months perhaps) release that looked and performed decent. and perhaps a tenured member has (cannot recall if tabor_tech or wagoneer userids uncertain… :roll_eyes:)

i can have a check to see what’s available north of the 49th…. and post an update late tomorrow :wink:

1 Like

What nebula promises is 4 hours of battery in some of their models. So that will be after use I can say but thats true with portable things. Its all about battery or power availabilty.
I will wait for your update.
Thanks @TheSnarkyOne have a nice day.

1 Like

The operating time is very important
and of course if there is much noise from the fan.

1 Like

Hmm… Most of the reviewers says the fan noise from nebula is minimal. And the operating time can only told by users because I have tested none so far. Its first for me.
I guess other members are not willing to give their inputs. I’m pretty sure to go wuth nebula but it was just to double check. I have purchased many products from anker and I believe projectors are also good enough to go with.

One thing came in my mind.
The fan should accessible for cleaning.

I remember this from our huge beamers using in the University…
These often needed such a service.and could be done easily by using a vac.
If those fans are blocked by dust the temperature of the beamer is increasing an it stops working.

2 Likes

on checking if almost go with the cosmos max, downside is that it is dc input only. it is also one of the pricier ones at $1699

sold out in canada though…

battery powered ones have 2 hrs on std and up to 5 hrs on eco mode (mars 3)….

seems like almost all are on for a bit of a deal at the moment.

if were to choose between, at present id have no need for portability, would go with the cosmos.

the mars 3 would be worth considering, but it’s a hefty piece of kit….

note i don’t have any of these. i’ll check to see if i can find a review from one of the older members from back when i first joined the community… should that yield results i’ll post the link… :slight_smile:

hope you have a great weekend!

1 Like

Now that I understand the constraints :roll_eyes:…

I’d think the capsule 3 laser might be the one to check a bit more into… not sure if 30,000 hrs life on the “bulb” would be enough for your application…

1 Like

Okay ! But in nebula projectors the compact soda cane design perhaps does not allow you. Although I have not tried but the soundcore mini i own i can try with. Hmm… i will check that. If we consider this feature than we have to go with wired one as they are more easy to do so. Is not it?

1 Like

Cosmos and mars 3 are good options almost completing needs. I will check those.
And capsule 3 laser fits well. Surely @Chiquinho and your points worth keeping in view. I will now see with slightly modified perspective and let you know how it goes.
Thanks for your suggestion @TheSnarkyOne and Franz. Have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Oh yes, weekend.,
I am ready for flea market now.
Hope there is something to find.:grinning:

2 Likes

This time when you go to flea market can you share some photos of the goods that are sold there? Im excited to know about that. Any special in your wish list to go for the flea market? @Chiquinho