Nebula Mars 2 Pro: Airplay issues (Lags&Latency)

Hey there,

yesterday I received my Nebula Mars 2 Pro. It is upgraded to the latest firmware. When trying to mirror my iPad Air (2019) or iPhone XS, I’m getting massive latencies (1 second and more), or worse, lags/missing frames. This problem doesn’t occur when mirroring YouTube-Videos, but as soon as I try to mirror any app (GoodNotes5, ExplainEverything, Belkin Stage, you name it…), the projector is unuseable due to those issues.
My WLAN can’t be the problem here, since my Apple TV works just fine when mirroring anything.
Can you guys tell me if this is a common problem? Can I solve this somehow? I bought the Mars 2 Pro because of its portability and Airplay-functionality and want to use it in the classroom. If there is no way to solve the Airplay issues, I will have to send it back.

Thanks and have a nice day!
Dennis

Dear Dennis,

Thanks for bringing your issue to our attention.

We regret to hear that you’ve had some concerns with using Nebula Mars 2 Pro. For screen mirroring from your phone/iPad to the Nebula, it has a high requirement for the network as it needs to transfer most of your phone data to the Nebula. Normally, if you’d like to watch videos from phone apps, we would recommend you cast the video from your phone to the Nebula. The experience will be better, but copyrighted content won’t be screen cast or mirrored.

Alternatively, we currently have a beta firmware which could help you unlock Google Play Store on Mars 2 Pro. Please contact our support team at support@seenebula.com to provide your system version and ask for a password to unlock.

Anytime you need us, we are here to help.

Anker Support Team