Nebula Astro Portable Projector - Review

Excellent thorough review there @Shenoy :+1:

Good Job! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you @Ice1 :blush:
We use projector usually evenings / night, and during day for school projects. 100 ANSI lumen is kind of “ok” with shades on, and took the photos in same condition. Looks great for pitch dark rooms.

Thank you @Duane_Lester :blush:
Astro can project up to 100 inches big on wall, without image distortion, this in my experience is similar in comparison to Capsule.

Thank you @ndalby :blush: and thanks again for pinning the post :pray:

1 Like

Best review i have seen, nice work. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you @matthewdmorais :slight_smile:

1 Like

Solid review sir, you truly went in depth on it more than what I expected to see when it comes to reviews. Congrats on the win with it and hope you enjoy it!

1 Like

Thanks… I was thinking when you said it had 100 ANSI lumens brightness that it would inhibit the view-ability as it got bigger.

1 Like

Thank you for the compliments and wishes @Fuu_bar :blush: I am glad you liked it

The image is brighter / crisper when the projection area is 40 to 50 inches, this is usually display area kids watch at home, for testing, had increased the distance between projector & wall, to get up to 100 inches, still the image looked good with sufficient brightness, during the day with the window shades.

I will try to get a video with this setting sometime and post it on this thread.

Amazing review @Shenoy! I never would have thought about utilizing the PowerCore Battery to charge this while in use. Giving you more freedom to watch awhile without having to be by an outlet. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you @chrisjwaggoner :blush:
I have always used Powercore with Nebula Capsule and now with Astro, whenever I forgot to charge these units fully , this does extend playtime.

Does the Powercore actually charge the Capsule or Astro? Or just works enough to give you some playtime without dropping/charging the units?

1 Like

When Astro is not projecting / off - PowerCore Charges You need to be quick and connect the Powercore when the low power alert comes.

While the Astro is projecting, and Powercore connected, it may be providing to keep it running and charging.

Powercore provides 5V/2A as standard output. (This I will need to test a bit more…)

PowerCore Essential 20000 PD provides up to 9V/ 2A for Astro to charge.

4 Likes

Nice review @Shenoy :+1:

1 Like

Just wondering since you said you could use the usb c port to plug in like a flash drive could you also use it to connect a laptop of something using a usb c to usb c cable or is that specifically what the hdmi port is for?

1 Like

Unreal review @Shenoy, very detailed and things I would have never thought of testing let alone reporting out on.

One Q, perhaps 2…
Life expectancy of the bulb?
Is bulb serviceable / replaceable?

Nice to see input from the fam too :slight_smile:

TS1

1 Like

I’m fairly certain I now know more about this product then the engineers do.

Thanks for your detailed review @Shenoy

4 Likes

@ktkundy connecting Astro to PC via USB-C /A, only charges the Astro, cannot be used for any other purpose.
PC can be projected via HDMI Port.

Thank you @TheSnarkyOne :blush:.

Life expectancy of lamp is about 30,000 hrs. If lamp goes bad, will need to contact Nebula Team for support. Have a Nebula Capsule and Prizm, no issues so far.

Thank you @TechMan :blush:

1 Like

The most important thing with those beamers is the cooling (fan).
This should be cleaned always very properly!
I don’t think they mounted a “exotic” lamp, so a replacement should be possible.

2 Likes

Nice review @Chiquinho