My Soundcore Mini 2 Review

Was that dmx? Sounded like you were bumpin dmx

My phone only shows 1 connection as seen below

And this is what it shows in my settings for it

Why yes, yes it was
DMX- Lord Give Me A Sign, and Let Me Fly

1 Like

Dmx is very distinctive, man brought back some memories, next bump some of that NAS or method man😉

2 Likes

Wow!!! Great review!!! I like it!!!

1 Like

So the phone just sees the Mini2 it is paired with.

When the Mini2 is by itself it acts a single mono speaker.

When the Mini2 is connected to another Mini2 then it keeps one left/right channel for itself and the other right/left channel is out the 2nd Mini2?

Well that is where I am skeptical, I think they are just two mono speakers. Did you modify the left/right channel so could independently control volume per pair so it is true stereo?

Correct, the phone only sees the speaker its paired to.

And yes, I did split the signal so it’s left and right independently.

I have had the original Soundcore Mini for about a year, and it definitely produces amazing sound for its size (and especially price). However, I never could get it to tune through the FM radio- the instructions weren’t very clear, and the process seemed very complex. To this day, I still haven’t been able to figure it out. Any advice?

P.S. If you want to learn how to fold a great paper airplane, check out this post: Anker Powerline issues and Paper Airplane directions (scroll down a bit)

-PaperAirplaneGuru

Have the mini. I uses the AUX cable as the antennae. So use some old bust earphones for example to have a wire with the 3.5mm plug.

Great job Rob. Bet that pool is super lush in the sunshine :ok_hand:

Nice review and pics/video.

You work at the depot? I use to work at one here in Texas about 4 years ago.

Thanks, and yea I work overnight freight team. Been there for just over a year now

Nice water tests!

So when you have a pair on your phone’s Bluetooth settings you only see one of them? Also would only connect using an aux cable to one of them work?

Correct, only one pairs to the phone and the other syncs to the speaker itself. I don’t have any auxiliary cables to test how that would work, I’ll try to grab one today and test it.

2 Likes

I was gonna say, back when portable by speakers started to take off, you got stereo, by sizing the 3nd speaker to the first… Sometimes it’s a usb cable or normal jack

You didn’t happen to encounter this issue, did you?

No sir, like I mentioned I had my speakers separated up to almost 70 ft away without any cutouts or distortions or drop outs. Even in my video with the phone not next to either they still played and I had them oposite sides of the pool

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the Mini 2 sounds better than the JBL Go?

Your photo looks line-of-sight.

My interest is moving around house and rooms and a continual sound coverage.

Currently I solve this via either a Nano a-la-medallion man, or buds Life.

2 Likes

Great review and videos & pictures @elmo41683 :smiley: :thumbsup: Looking forward to testing my sample out in next few days too :smiley:

1 Like