My Roav 800A Jump Starter Pro Review

Missed to ask, was / is there a discount code for the Roav Jump Start?

@AnkerOfficial ?

Thanks!

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen one so far.

2 Likes

Only two starts on a charge? Thatā€™s kind of disappointing ā€¦ but too late, I already took the plunge.

@ThisNoName in all fairness I drive a Saab which has an insane electrical draw and the battery is larger than most truck batteries. So a different car may get more than 3 or even 4 jumps over charge

@elmo41683 Thanks, wasnā€™t expecting a response that fast :slight_smile:

I based my purchase on this one and only scientific jump starter review on Youtube. In that, it claims the last Anker branded 600A jump starter was the only one delivered the stated capacity. I hope that Roav, assuming itā€™s still kind of Anker, keeps the promise ā€¦ because thereā€™s a trend nowadays for name brand to sell out their reputation for a few quick bucks then blame Made in China ā€¦ and stupid Americans actually believe that :grimacing:

Great review! Hmmm only two jump starts per charge is still good. Just have to remember to recharge after a jump start. What gets me is since I live in the desert southwest the heat would make that jump starter a bomb in my car. Has anyone tried leaving one of these jump starters in over 120 deg/f inside a vehicle? A locked vehicle can get up to 140 deg/fā€¦

1 Like

I get what your saying but Roav is Anker through and through. While I do not have the means to do scientific test like he does, I can say that it works and it works great.

In those instances you would be best to leave it in the trunk, which doesnā€™t get as hot as the rest of the car

Just did a quick test, the poles under the flap is live whether the switch is on or off, a standard design flaw where all safety is in the dongle rather than the main unit.

One thing almost sure is that this is a rebranding of an existing product, rather than Designed by Anker from ground up. Doesnā€™t necessarily itā€™s bad, as long as Anker sticks to quality standard.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, my car wonā€™t need a jump anytime soon. So I may never know if mine is going to work or not :sleeping:

Thatā€™s odd, because I just checked mine with my meter and the poles on mine are not live. As I mentioned in my previous email I I had to turn the side switch on and press the button, it was the same in order to get power to those terminals without the cable installed.

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up. Double checked, poles are live regardless of switch on or off. In fact, the dangle/clamps are measured @ 15+V as soon as it plugs in, regardless of the switch position. Also today, I follow the instruction manual, switch on, plug in cable, then connect to car ā€¦ thereā€™s a huge spark.

I couldnā€™t find any direct claim that the Roav 800A Jump Starter Pro is spark proof, something even the cheapest units promised. Can you help verify the above on your unit? Itā€™s indeed odd that the product has a switch with absolutely zero effect, and missing some most basic safety features.

Great review. The USB-C is a great addition. I wish I can get one of these to try out. Amazon wont let me order one since Iā€™m in Hawaii.

I double checked mine again and I have no power to my ports unless the switch in the side is turned on and I press the power button. Iā€™m thinking yours may be defective, I would reach out to support@anker.com and let them know

Thanks. Really appreciate all your help :slight_smile:

Excellent review! you just made my decision easier:)

1 Like

Does anyone know if itā€™s safe to store this in car? in Florida? i see in 1 picture it says operating temp 50 degrees celsius but what about storage temperature?

I live on North Carolina and I keep mine in the car, just make sure to check its charge every 2 to 3 months. Keep it in the trunk as it doesnā€™t get as hot as the rest of the car

1 Like

Wow this is a great review!!! It looks like it paid off because a lot of people have checked out your review!!! Great pics too!!!