My Q20+ SE headphones are having battery problem

I’ve read that it takes 3 hours to fully charge Q20+ headphones, but mine only charge to 60% from 20% in 3 hours, and my headphones often say “Battery Low” after an hour or so of use even though it’s still at 60% (I know it’s still at 60% because when I disconnect and reconnect them, iOS says 60% again)

I’ve tried resetting them and nothing changed, any ideas?

How do you check the battery power?
By app and/or IOS?

How old are these Headphones?

1 Like

This sort of problem is rare so my best guess is you have a failed unit, bad battery, it’s quite an old product and was in warehouse so long the battery aged, so I’d be thinking of a warranty replacement asap.

It may be one of the following easier issues to fix:

• look in the charge port for any debris got in there, flashlight and magnifying glass helps and if you see anything then a plastic toothpick may help.
  • try different charging cable, and charger. Often cables are at fault, they fail more often than anything else. The reason I think in this case it’s not the cable as headphones take so little power it should work even with bad cables.
1 Like

Yes, I’ve checked the battery power by app and iOS
I’ve had these headphones for just over a month now, too late to return to the store I got them from (Walmart) but not too late for a warranty replacement, so I may just have to do that.

In addition, the headphones recently only charged to 20% after a 10 hour charge, it happened only once but its weird

I could try a different charging cable again, but I already started to use a replacement cable, and the issues stayed the same
There is no debris in the port, i just looked.
I’ve only had these for a month so i likely will just get a warranty replacement.

1 Like

OK, seems the battery is defective.
Because you wrote you have already checked the charging port and it absolutely clean.

Write an email to the soundcore support.
Don’t forget to add all data you have (bill, model number etc.)
Good luck.

1 Like

It’s (the or one of) reason to get Anker is I’ve found their warranty process always excellent. I had a Q30 fail like 3 times, but 4th worked fine, and their Frames fail I think twice and 3rd worked fine.

Yes probably a dud unit.

Make sure you gather proof of purchase, serial number, some photo proof unit not damaged, possibly video the issue (“here I’m charging, look see not charged”). My last failed Anker product I think was a flashlight LC40 and dodgy power socket so video’d that and they told me to keep old unit and just shipped out new. Sometimes if it’s not obviously provable dud unit you have to post old unit out and they dispatch new once confirmed drop-off with courier.

1 Like