My computer won't recognize a new Anker 10W Wireless Charging Pad

I just received an Anker 10@ Wireless Charging Pad/Fast Wireless Charger (A2512) for a birthday gift. I tried plugging it into my computer at work, but I’m getting an error message “USB Device Not Recognized” when I do so. Any advice? I tried quickly looking to see if there was a driver download I needed to perform, but the computer didn’t find any drivers to download or update.
Thanks!

What type of OS you run?

Hi @Tim_Beirne,
The Wireless Charging Pad only uses a USB port for power, so there are no drivers for your computer to install. Unfortunately, I don’t believe most computer USB ports will provide enough power for the 10W wireless charging. It would be better to use a dedicated USB wall charger (a Quick Charge 3.0 wall adapter would be required if you want to use “Fast Charge Mode”).

4 Likes

…thank you

@Tim_Beirne as @TechnicallyWell mentioned your computer cannot provide sufficient power for the charging pad to work properly and thus is throws the error code so to let you know that it cannot charge your phone. In order for it to charge your phone properly you would need a quick charge 3.0 wall plug to properly power this pad up

1 Like

… thank you!

I plugged mine into an adapter into the power strip and it stopped blinking green and worked correctly